Job Title: Senior Android Developer
Reports to: Principal Developer
Location: UK based remote OR hybrid London
Doddle is one of the leading international players in B2B eCommerce technology. We now have almost 1000 brands globally using our technology. Our client list comprises of some top brands, including Amazon, Marks and Spencer, Morrisons, and ASOS.
We have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as The US Postal Service, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of just under 100 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making eCommerce logistics better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
As Doddle continues to grow, we are looking to build out our technical expertise within the team by bringing in a brand new Senior Android Developer.
The squad that this role will be sat within is currently working on a number of exciting products including our store and kiosk applications. In this role you will have the opportunity to take ownership of one or more of our android products and lead on the technical direction within it. If you are looking to join a collaborative organisation that trusts it’s developers as experts in their field, where there’s tonnes of opportunity for growth and development then we would love to hear from you!
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Understand the full lifecycle of mobile applications
- Design and build advanced Android applications
- Work as part of a cross-functional team developing our in-store technologies, such as our pick-up/drop-off (PUDO) application or our self-service returns kiosk
- Work with outside data sources and APIs, and engineer our applications to cope with being offline or mixed network conditions
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Supporting and mentoring juniors within the team
Job Role Experience, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Experience of native Android development in Java and Kotlin
- Experience writing testable and maintainable code, associated unit and UI tests, including Espresso
- Design and build applications to run in enterprise environments, leveraging tools to ensure we know how apps are behaving “in the wild”
- Familiarity with a cloud native ecosystem.
- Demonstrate awareness of security and data protection considerations.
Here are just a few points of why our team love working at Doddle:
- We support each other and no idea is a bad one!
- We have a flexible working environment and early finish Fridays
- We have a learning culture and are always trying to improve ourselves and one another (You'll get £1000/yr personal training budget and time to learn)
- Our voice is heard and listened to; we are well regarded in the company.
- We have a broad range of experience which we draw on to improve the ways of working in the whole business. And we have fun whilst doing it!
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission.
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally.