Location: Remote (UK only) with access to London office if desired
Contract: 6 months
Doddle is one of the leading international players in B2B eCommerce technology. We now have almost 1000 brands globally using our technology. Our client list comprises of some top brands, including Amazon, Marks and Spencer, Morrisons, as well as many fast-growing SMEs.
We have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as The US Postal Service, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 90 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making eCommerce logistics better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
As Doddle continues to scale, we are looking for a Technical Writer to join the team, on a fixed term or contract basis. In this role you will be working collaboratively across our Product and Tech teams to create end to end user documentation including software, system, and testing documents.
As our Technical Writer you will help to define our tone of voice for user documentation and lead the way with the standardisation of our internal and external docs. If you are looking to join a fast-paced, values driven organisation where you can have a huge impact then we would love to hear from you!
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead on the standardisation of our product documentation and user guides
- Synthesise developer documentation
- Work closely with subject matter expert within the organisation to author technical documentation that is accessible to non-technical persons
- Create best practice and process for documentation across Doddle
Experience, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience of writing customer facing product guides and technical documentation
- Experience with creating release notes
- Excellent writing style and experience implementing style guides
- Knowledge of project management/tracking tool sets like JIRA and Confluence
- Experience documenting API and programming language
- Familiarity with design language or design systems is a plus
What makes it great to work at Doddle:
- We’re right at the heart of the business, making decisions which impact the lives of millions of consumers globally.
- We have an amazing set of individuals in Doddle, with experience across brands such as Apple, BBC, Amazon, Farfetch, Moonpig and many more.
- You’d be joining at the right time, as we continue to shape our technology and product culture.
- We support each other and no idea is a bad one!
- We collaborate well and are always happy to help anyone out.
- We have a learning ethos and are always trying to improve ourselves and one another (You'll get £1000/yr personal training budget and time to learn)
- We care about our people, with initiatives such as Zoom-free Fridays, and early summer finishes.
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission.
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every. Voice. Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally