What is Basejam?
At Basejam we are revolutionising the way teams connect in-person.
The global shift to remote work has been pivotal in improving employee work-life balance and mental health in the workplace. However, this new distributed way of working is proven to create disconnection between co-workers, along with a lack of alignment with company values.
Company retreats and offsites offer a solution to this disconnection problem. Retreats empower in-person connection, while still offering employees the flexibility to work when they want, and where they want. But these retreats are notoriously difficult to organise and are a huge bottleneck for HR and operation teams.
The Basejam platform enables companies to book and manage their entire retreat; from booking accommodation and flights, to attendee management features. Our vision is for the platform to be the ecosystem for in-person team connection.
Why are we doing this?
- We’re passionate about improving mental health and well-being in the workplace 🙏🏻 Burnout is caused by a lack of connection to our work, and is experienced by 77% of people. In-person retreats are proven to reduce burnout and stress by increasing connection with colleagues and company culture.
- We believe that company culture cannot exist solely online ✨ Having recently faced mass resignation during ‘The Great Resignation’, companies are looking for ways to unite their workforce and motivate employees. It’s clear that a fully-remote working environment isn’t working, and retreats are becoming a pivotal part of culture-building in organisations.
- We are empowering companies to enable their employees to work remotely 📍 We believe remote-working has been a productive shift in work-life balance, and is here to stay. No more 9-5 in a grey office, it’s time to reimagine how employees connect in-person with simple-to-plan retreats.
Who are we?
We are currently a team of two experienced founders. Steph, our CEO, has a product background in taking ideas from 0-1. She’s led product teams for startups and scale-ups from HospitalityTech and Fintech to ClimateTech. Chris, CTO, has worked with large organisations such as PHE, and many early-stage startups growing from first customers, to 7-figure revenue. We started Basejam in August, and in the coming months we are expanding the team to include growth/marketing, and product/engineering jammers 🏔️
We’ve raised £180K pre-seed so far, and will start raising our seed round in April next year.
We have a hybrid-working model, and would love you to be in the office 1-2 days per week. We’re based in a plant-filled, social co-working space in East London.
As Founder Associate, you’ll be working closely with us to:
- Build and execute on our go-to-market strategy
- Produce content for social platforms, as well as in-person channels such as talks and pitches
- Talk to and learn from customers
- Build and nurture relationships with hotels and accommodation owners – this will eventually include travel to interesting locations for site visits 🌍
- Get customers using the platform, and booking retreats for their team
- Attend networking events and dinners
- Define and work on business processes in areas such as hiring, legal and finance
- …and whatever you want! This is your role, if you want to explore working in a certain area of the business, we are open to giving you the space to do so.
Who are you?
You are someone who has:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new technologies and processes quickly
- A creative mind
- Positive, proactive mindset and approach to challenges
- The desire to be employee number one at a fast-growing startup, with a chance to learn every day
- Ability to be in our East London office 1-2 days per week
- Ability to laugh in the face of adversity – it’s no secret that startup life can be stressful at times, we champion finding the funny side of situations!
💡 Don’t meet all of the requirements? Send your application anyway. Imposter syndrome is real, and the best CVs often look a little different.
- Initial 25 min video chat 💬
- A short, take-home task. This will take you no longer than 1 hour ⚙️
- Join us at our office for a morning, followed by lunch on us 🍔
- We make you an offer ✅
The process is as much for you to get to know us as vice-versa. Come with any burning questions!
- £28,000-£32,000 annual salary
- 0.5-1% equity stock options
- 3 team retreats per year 🌴 Let’s practise what we preach!
- Contribute to positive impact in companies, by being part of revolutionising the way we work.
- A clear pathway to grow into a senior role – the Founder Associate role is only the beginning of your journey with Basejam. We want you to grow as we grow.
- Attend conferences all over the world – we recently attended TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco and Web Summit in Lisbon 🌍
- Work at an office next to a tree-lined park in the best part of London, with plenty of delicious lunch options and after-work pubs.
- Monthly parties in our co-working space – including live music and free drinks 🎉
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 “recharge” days per year ⚡️ The startup grind can hit at any time. We offer 5 individual rest days irrespective of your holiday allowance for when you need to recharge after a busy period.
- Personal development budget of £500 per year to spend on coaching, courses or even mediation classes.
- Something else? Have the opportunity to shape our benefits package for yourself and future hires.
How to apply
To apply, send your CV and LinkedIn to email@example.com.