Reporting into: CFO
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists (PE), we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5-star pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
We deliver our product across four channels:
1) Meal kits through a digitally native DTC brand, www.pastaevangelists.com;
2) Takeaway meals through physical sites and dark kitchens including Harrods and Boxpark;
3) Retail products through online retailers including Ocado, Getir and Gorillas
4) We also have a high-end restaurant in the Harrods dining hall that opened in 2021.
Today, Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years. Our takeaway business has grown from 5 to 37 sites in two years!
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggest pasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same start-up culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largest food groups internationally.
Finance at Pasta Evangelists:
The finance team at PE is split into two main teams which are led by our CFO, however we collaborate together as a function and work closely with others across the company:
Financial Control & Compliance- this team runs all things financial reporting, including weekly KPI reports, compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)- this team partners with the business and manages our budgeting/forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance.
The Financial Controller role will be the most senior within the finance team. Although heading up all areas of financial control, it will also act as an advisor to the FP&A department. The main tasks are:
- Partner with CFO in leading the team to a “best-in-class” finance department.
- Manage a team of two accountants, including our outsourced team.
- Improve company-wide internal controls to be fit for our next phase of growth.
- Timely production of monthly management accounts to our shareholders and company Board.
- Weekly reporting of all profit and loss reports across all channels.
- Production of annual statutory accounts.
- Liaise with auditors for the annual group audit.
- Liaise with the holding company regarding all ad-hoc reporting matters including IFRS-matters.
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers.
- Weekly cash-flow forecasting.
- Support with annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
Who you are:
- ACA or similar qualification. 5 Years post-qualification experience
- Previous hospitality industry experience skills are key
- Previous experience in team management
- Strong Excel skills
- A strong emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to multi-task and to co-ordinate a series of different jobs concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Competent oral and written communication skills, with ability to evaluate queries and advise the teams in a timely and professional manner
- Previous use of Xero and an inventory management system is preferable
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary to attract best talent
- Meaningful equity package with significant upside potential
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ‘il bel paese’
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Free Italian lessons
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Don’t miss this opportunity! Apply now sending us your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org