We’re excited to start creating Charibot, a SaaS chatbot creation tool that lets charities create AI-powered chatbots without any code!
We are looking for a junior Java developer to start in January to build our core product. This is a hybrid work role - we would like our staff to work in our offices in Harlow, Essex at least one day per week, with other days being remote work.
As part of the first tech team, you’ll help design and build Charibot, work with cutting-edge NLP technologies, and build a valuable service for charities across the UK.
We’re looking for a junior developer and don’t expect you to know everything. What we’re looking for is individuals who are genuinely interested to learn and work on hard problems. You won’t be on your own, but supported by our CTO, with over 10 years industry experience, including working as CTOs in different sectors. Initially, we are looking to expand our small team of 2 with 2 new developers.
The ideal candidate is empathetic and cares about the charity clients we serve and our mission to help them.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in Java (personal, academic or professional).
Candidates must have:
- Experience programming in Java
- Knowledge of SQL databases, ideally MySQL
- An interest in working with natural language processing and conversational UIs
Ideally, candidates will have some of the following:
- Knowledge of Hibernate and Spring Java frameworks
- Knowledge of REST API development
- Experience using AWS or other cloud services providers
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems