Role: Customer Success Manager (full-time)
Location: London Old Street 50% + WFH 50%
Salary: £28K-£35K depending on experience
Joy (www.thejoyapp.com) is a funded health-tech start-up covering over 7 million patients. We are on a mission to improve the lives of millions of vulnerable people by connecting them to life-changing support via our digital platform. If you are a passionate person looking for a role with purpose and impact, this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a young company that can offer you a whole range of possibilities for your professional and personal development.
You will be working together with our ‘growth team’ to connect with future customers, build relationships with existing users and deliver an amazing experience for everyone who is part of the Joy platform. We are a fast-growing start-up, so your role will never feel monotonous and can include wider tasks, from developing content and hosting webinars to producing case studies and supporting digital marketing.
Joy is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company with customers across the health, social care, and community sector, covering over 6 million patients. We exist because 1 in 5 GP appointments are for non-medical needs, such as loneliness, isolation, or financial worries, and 10% of pills prescribed are inappropriate.
Joy is a leading software provider for "Social Prescribing", an approach that connects patients to suitable support in their local community and addresses the underlying social determinants of health. Our platform seeks to add ten years to life expectancy by taking a more holistic approach to health that emphasises personal values and identifies the root causes of problems. Joy makes it as easy to refer a patient to a community group as it is to prescribe an anti-depressant.
We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by global investors. Our London office is a passionate team from diverse professional backgrounds, with decades of combined experience in innovation, strategy, technology products, and customer success. We care deeply about learning from each other, building up talent and delivering excellence to our customers daily.
What we offer:
You will be a crucial member of our growing team with real responsibility from day one. You will work together with our Head of Customer Success to scale Joy across the UK. The role sits within our ‘growth team’ and focuses on customer success, operations, and account management. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships with our customers and being their trusted point of contact for day-to-day support.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the Joy software and becoming a product champion, who can collaborate with users to deliver impact through Joy.
- Managing the onboarding of new users and helping to create buzz around Joy.
- Creating videos, writing how-to guides, and contributing to our customer knowledge base that empowers users to troubleshoot common issues with ease.
- Using your product knowledge and understanding of customer requirements to inform our product development and roadmap.
As a fast-growing tech start-up, we offer you an opportunity for your tasks to evolve quickly as you progress and your role to advance as the business scales.
This role might be for you if:
- You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you are comfortable communicating in writing, as well as in-person or over the phone.
- You like helping people. You have great interpersonal skills, and you love building strong relationships with customers. You get a kick out of helping them to those aha! moments.
- You create professional content. Whether it is a PowerPoint presentation or a customer document, your work is well structured and visually appealing.
- You say “can-do” more often than “I can’t”. You have a track record of taking the initiative.
- You have exceptional planning and organisation skills. You can manage your own time and projects, but you also collaborate effectively with others on getting things done.
- You know Microsoft applications inside out (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- You are enthusiastic about learning new things. You would love to be a vital member of a fast-growing team.
- You love technology! You relish the experience of mastering new apps and software tools.
- You have a good university degree in any relevant discipline.
- You have at least 2 years’ professional work experience in a graduate level role.
Extra awesome if you have:
- Experience working in customer success at a tech company or you have completed a graduate scheme.
- Creative skills and a good eye for visual design.
- Experience in delivering remote training and webinars.
- Expertise with data analysis
- Experience working in the NHS
Next steps: We would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV, including 2-3 sentences on your background and what excites you about working for Joy.