How Matcha Cafe is an exciting brand new cafe based on Fulham's busy North End Road high street with HUGE ambitions.
We currently have two cafes, a coffee van in the making, and three bubble tea places on the way. As you can see, many things are brewing, and tremendous opportunities are growing within the organisation. If you’re interested in getting to know all of that, we have our doors open for you.
- Grinding and brewing coffee;
- Developing and maintaining expert knowledge of coffee and educating clients and colleagues about these coffees;
- Upsell customers (to get commission);
- Ask customers to leave their contact information;
- Consistently providing well-crafted, beautifully presented and tasty beverages ;
- Taking client orders and receiving payment;
- Speaking and interacting with both new and regular customers ;
- Maintaining a clean and sanitised working environment ;
- Following health and safety guidelines;
- Regularly performing stock checks in the coffee bar and placing new orders;
- Following recipes and presentations for food and beverage items, if needed;
- Being aware of and following operational policies and procedures;
- Being punctual and maintaining regular and consistent attendance;
- The ability to work flexible hours and shifts, which may include early mornings, late nights, weekends and bank holidays; and
- Contributing to a positive work environment
- Punctuality and regular attendance
- At least 6 months experience in the coffee service industry
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina
- The ability to communicate effectively and work together with others in a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours
- Basic knowledge of computers, especially with the point of sale system
- Excellent customer service and the ability to make clients feel special
- A passion for coffee and an eagerness to stay up-to-day with the latest coffee trends.
- Great pay with a commission structure;
- Ability to move up within the company to our other businesses (see the Pearl Lemon Group);
- Fun working environment;
- Dynamic, fast-moving; and
- Lots of ability to socialise and make new friends
To access all of these, you will need a cover letter and an up to date CV on your application, along with details of your weekly availability and holidays booked this year.
Frequency: Per hour