Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better. We are seeking a Lead User Researcher to help us create world-class experiences for our customers.
About the role
You will lead our research strategy and deliver impactful insight used by all of our Product Teams, helping us achieve our business goals and making a positive difference to our customers' lives.
You’ll join a diverse, highly motivated team which includes one other User Researcher, UX Writer, Service Designer and several Product Designers. We’re proud of our collaborative culture and user-centric mindset and expect you will also be passionate about what makes people tick.
Some of the things you’ll be doing are:
- Leading one other User Researcher and help plan the future growth of this area.
- Coaching Product Managers and Product Designers on running day-to-day tests for ongoing projects.
- Owning and developing our research strategy which includes how we best conduct product discovery as well as how we best validate hypotheses.
- Working with our Service Designer and other Product Designers to map out and understand end-to-end user journeys across all touchpoints, identifying areas of inconsistency and opportunity.
- Running qualitative user studies, including interviews (in-person and remote), field observations and usability testing.
- Working with Data Scientists to identify insights through quantitative analysis of existing data sources and conducting your own large scale surveys.
- Communicating research findings widely, from presentations, workshops, and reports; you will champion the importance of good user insight and how it serves our business goals.