Carno enables accurate property surveys to help decarbonise the world's properties. With a unique data set from surveys, we reliably plan and estimate the cost of the most effective renewable installations for each individual home (heat pumps, solar, battery and insulation).
Our property archetype data model can be used to automate grant applications and automate significant amounts of admin for installers, removing the current bottleneck from the heat pump market and enabling more homes to decarbonise more quickly. Banks and mortgage providers also use the data model to accurately predict the cost of renewables installations and their energy savings, so both banks and consumers know the payback period for their capex. This allows banks to offer green finance solutions more effectively to their customers.
Carno has been accepted into the Mission Studio program run by Founders Factory (the startup venture builder) and Nesta (the UK innovation agency focussed on sustainability and home decarbonisation). As part of the program, we receive both cash investment and operational support, accelerating our progress significantly.
We are now looking for our first tech hire (we are open to either co-founder or first employee), who is excited by the opportunity to help renewables installers bring more green technology into UK homes to decarbonise our planet.
As part of the founding team you will be an instrumental part of shaping the product & business strategy. You will own the tech strategy and manage day-to-day engineering execution. Looking ahead, you will be responsible for helping grow the team and set up the technical capabilities of the business for growth.
Interesting technical challenges include:
- Develop best in class property data to inform the transition to renewables
- Develop deep knowledge of fabric and system requirements for home decarbonisation
- Use of ML to build reference databases of property archetypes
- Creative problem solving looking at the latest technology to develop significantly quickly and more efficient property surveys, e.g. lidar scanning
- Build data model to support green finance and accelerate the deployment of renewables
- APIs to expose capabilities to 3rd parties such as renewables manufacturers.
- As well as Fintech, Banktech and banking as a service infrastructure players.
- And also training and development organisations who are focussed on the next generation of installers and engineers.
- Platform development, making key decisions on technical architecture
- Hands on coding and delivery of the MVP, enabling us to test, iterate and serve our growing membership base
- Lead and build the tech team
- Ensuring the systems architecture and infrastructure is scalable and can support growth
- Creative problem solving on product strategy to identify opportunities to quickly deliver customer value
You will have the following skills:
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.