We’re looking for a talented full-stack designer to join our small but exciting team and take a lead in creating delightful, user-focused designs for our web and app products.
Who are we?
Practice Pal is an award-winning startup transforming music education for students, teachers, and schools. We’ve secured funding from some of London’s best-respected investors, and are growing our team as we look to build a strong position in the UK education market and begin expansion abroad.
This role will be a great fit for someone with proven design skills looking for autonomy and responsibility in a fast-paced product environment. You’ll need a passion for UI/UX design, a fine eye for detail, and a team-centred mindset.
- Collaborate on planning features and requirements
- Wireframe new features with insight-driven UX design
- Use Figma to create pixel-perfect UI designs and prototypes
- Iterate and work with multiple rounds of feedback
- Work closely with developers during handover, build and review
- User research/testing experience
- An interest in animation design
- Experience working with iconography for websites/apps
A successful candidate will…
…have a growth mindset
…bring energy and ideas
…be able to bring order out of chaos
…work quickly and accurately
…be highly organised
…follow current design trends
…be able to take feedback well and adapt
…be a great team player
…be driven to go above and beyond to succeed
- £40k-£55k plus share options
- 30 days holiday (inc. public holidays)
- Hybrid work flexibility: craft your most productive schedule
- A central shared office space for in-person days (near Victoria, London)
- Annual training budget to invest in your professional development
- Regular team socials
- Occasional team away days with meals out
What our team say
“A small high performing team that just gets stuff done”
“The team has great energy together - especially when we meet up in person. The team is unified in our vision to improve music education”
“Everyone is quick to give credit where credit is due”
“People genuinely have good senses of humour”
“Everyone is quick to encourage and support one another”
How to apply
If you think this role could be for you, drop us an email with your CV and an example of your previous work (a portfolio or equivalent).
Our interview process consists of 3 rounds: a brief intro call with our recruiter, a design interview including a live design challenge, and a final interview with our co-founders.