Filter by category
Filter by type
Lead Product Manager - Health Tech App at Bearable Appgo back to Designer Jobs
- ₤60,000 - ₤80,000 a year
- ₤60,000 - ₤80,000 a year
Hey 👋 Thanks for considering us :)
Bearable, one of the leading comprehensive health and habit trackers across both platforms, is looking for a Lead Product Manager to join its mission to make health optimisation accessible for everyone and to help people both manage and prevent chronic diseases.
We help people with health issues to experiment and learn how their lifestyle habits and treatments correlate with their health and wellbeing. Enable a person to make informed choices based on their own data to improve their own health, repeat many times across many people, and it adds up to a global-scale result.
You would be our first product hire, working directly with James, the founder, who came up with the idea for Bearable after dealing with his own health issues and feeling frustrated that he had to juggle 6 different apps to stay on top of all health aspects and habits, especially as it meant missing out on interesting patterns.
We are a fully remote, purpose-driven team on a mission to help 100 million people to feel more in control of their health and wellbeing through self-care.
We are VC and angel backed (including most recently, the former CTO of Coinbase) and now well suited for growth and for making Bearable the most versatile and intelligent health tracker in the world!
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, reach out, we'd love to meet you!
🤔 What you will be doing
- Own design end-to-end, from user research to shipping and validating new features. You’ll both shape and execute on building wonderful experiences that will help our members realise their health goals!
- Constant communication with our users - At Bearable we have a reputation for working really closely with our community, which has been crucial to shaping the app. One example of thus is our active public roadmap where people can suggest and vote on what gets built next!
- Collaborate with our team to define product direction and features;
- Set the foundation for our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency.
- Test UI/UX with live users and in user interviews/surveys to identify opportunities to improve the product;
- Present your product design ideas to James, the founder.
- Analyze user analytics data to inform product decisions;
- Something completely different - while the focus will always be on product, we’re looking for people who can do a little bit of everything at this early stage, from marketing to copywriting.
✅ What we’re looking for
- First and foremost you value having a balanced work/life. We care about your health and it means a lot to us that you enjoy your life AND work while you’re with us!
- 5+ years experience designing consumer products, ideally in a mobile-first cross platform (iPhone and Android) environment.
- Experience with all stages of the design process, from research and concept development to final production and rollout;
- An outstanding portfolio showing an understanding of typography, grids, colors, and motion, tying all of these elements together with great attention to detail. We are creating a warm and inviting health tracking environment, not something cold and clinical that looks like it was created by a doctor!
- Strong communication skills - and can articulate complex subjects in ways that help your coworkers understand and build product to solve for
- Fluent in Figma and able to quickly prototype.
- Entrepreneur mindset to seek opportunities to help with all aspects of the business
- Purpose-driven and passionate about helping to solve a huge global health problem and giving people with health conditions the power to find what works for their unique health.
- You’re excited to be our first product hire and play a key role in shaping a high-growth, early stage company. You’re comfortable to fail fast in order to grow and learn what works.
🔥 Would be nice to have
- Worked on health apps previously
- An interest in AI/ML - or even better, experience with it.
- Passion for health optimisation and can empathise with our users via their own or close friend’s/family’s experiences with health issues.
- Semi-technical with a little knowledge of HTML/CSS/.JS would be a nice bonus.
- Familiarity with 3D illustration/animation.
❤️ Why us
- Fully remote, full-time position.
- Sustainable and healthy working matters to us. We care about building delightful products for our customers, not hitting arbitrary daily hour counts.
- We’re a small team of builders. No bureaucracy or unnecessary meetings, just shipping new product, talking to users, and learning as quickly as we can.
- We care deeply about design. We believe that healthcare is a product problem, and building a great consumer experience is crucial to the success of the company.
- A minimum of 30 days holiday, including UK bank holidays
- Pension (if you’re in the UK)
- If you're outside of the UK, this position will be permanent and full-time in spirit, but a contract role on paper. The reason for this is that employment outside of the UK comes with significant challenges for a small company like ours.
🛠 Tools we use
- Segment, Mixpanel, Google Analytics
- Our landing page and blog run on Wordpress, using the Elementor Pro plugin
Disclaimer for recruiters and agencies:
**We are not interested in working with recruiters or outsourcing to development agencies.**
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.