Filter by category
Filter by type
Drug Discovery Project Leader - Preclinical Development at BenevolentAIgo back to Data and Product Jobs
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
BenevolentAI (BAI) has an opportunity for a drug discovery scientist with experience in leading drug discovery programmes from candidate nomination, through preclinical development and into clinical trials. This individual will provide overall project leadership for small molecule drug discovery programmes progressing candidate molecules into clinical trials.
As a central member of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists passionate about aligning preclinical drug discovery with clinical requirements, you will bring your proven resilient leadership and ability to make pragmatic data driven decisions to advance our ever expanding late stage portfolio of small molecule programs. Based at our London offices off Tottenham Court Road, you will work closely with a diverse range of experts in biological sciences, chemical sciences, safety/toxicology, clinical and commercialisations teams to progress the BAI portfolio.
- Provide leadership for small molecule drug discovery programs from candidate seeking through to preclinical development
- Devise, lead and implement clear concise strategies to facilitate decisions to progress candidate molecules through candidate nomination and preclinical development stage gates within timelines and budgets
- Responsible/accountable for overall project leadership, regularly reporting progress and issues with clear strategic recommendations to Senior leadership, Board of Directors, and/or Investors as and when required
- Coordinate with functions to ensure the appropriate resource and experience are supporting the project team at the required time and that assigned resources are effectively utilised
- Proven ability to interact with clinicians, clinical project managers and KOLs to design preclinical and clinical development studies to facilitate late stage candidate compound progression
- Contribute to external collaborative relationships with academic leaders and contract research organisations
We are looking for someone with:
- BSc / MSc / PhD in biological or chemical sciences with 3 - 8 years industry research experience, preferably with at least 3 years providing overall leadership for late stage small molecule drug discovery programmes
- Proven ability to lead small molecule drug discovery programmes through candidate nomination and preclinical development stage gates in at least two different therapy areas
- Experience successfully leading/working in multi-disciplinary drug discovery & development teams, with excellent communication skills and the ability to forge productive relationships and collaborations both internally and externally
- Sufficient depth of knowledge of late stage drug discovery with a clear working knowledge of which key studies need to be performed, when these need to be performed and what are the dependencies
- Preclinical development experience is necessary, whereas clinical development experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure, manage projects and deliver to defined timelines ensuring that all studies and documents are completed to support clinical trial applications
- Evidence of creative thinking and problem solving, confidently applying novel strategies to move projects to important decision points quickly and efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills e.g. can tailor the complexity of communications as and when required, whilst maintaining clarity of communication
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.