Filter by category
Filter by type
DMPK Senior Scientist at BenevolentAIgo back to Data and Product Jobs
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, self-motivated scientist to join our DMPK lab team in our Cambridge Laboratories. We are a small group addressing a wide range of DMPK assays, ranging from in-vitro ADME assays to PK bioanalysis and PK parameter generation metabolite identification and elucidation of routes of metabolism , including the design, execution, analysis, interpretation and high-quality reporting of these experiments. We have modern instrumentation, automated liquid handlers coupled with Watson PK LIMS, Dotmatics electronic laboratory notebook and data warehouse to facilitate experiment management and reporting.
In addition, as a part of continuous personal development and learning, there will be opportunities to gain further understanding of the DMPK discipline and contribute to work supporting our drug discovery project teams.
- You will perform discovery studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of candidate drug molecules.
- You will perform experiments from start to finish, including the running the assays, analysis, interpretation and reporting of discovery DMPK data generated.
- Where appropriate, you will assist with experimental design and troubleshooting.
- Conduct data processing, as well as data review and QC checking.
- Depending on skills and experience you will be encouraged to critically evaluate our processes and contribute to assay development, including the experimental design, execution, data reduction and interpretation.
We are looking for someone with:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines with knowledge of absorption, distribution, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics.
- Proficiency in operating and trouble-shooting liquid chromatography-tandem Mass spectrometer systems (LC-MS/MS) would be an advantage, although we have mature workflows in place and full training will be given.
- Some biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in discovery DMPK.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using balances, pipettes, pH meters, & centrifuges; with the ability to prepare reagents with all basic lab equipment/calculations.
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Google G-suite).
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.