Filter by category
Filter by type
Preformulation and Analytical Lead at BenevolentAIgo back to Data and Product Jobs
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
This is an opportunity to develop formulation and analytical support in BenevolentAI. We are looking for an experienced and practical individual who is still excited to get hands-on in the lab, but who can also think strategically and adapt the development of capabilities as the company grows, training and managing staff. The role will involve management and oversight of solid-state characterization, salt screening, polymorph screen, solvent and excipient compatibility, in vivo prototype formulation development and analytics. This will initially be through oversight of outsourced preformulation work along with the establishment of some in-house capabilities, management and training of in-house staff.
- Oversight of outsourcing of solid-form characterisation and screening on novel compounds where capabilities not yet developed, including characterisation (crystallinity, hygroscopicity, particle size, moisture content), physical form assessment (polymorph screening, salt/cocrystal screening, amorphous dispersion, stable form) and formulation
- Lead identification and preparation of suitable formulations for routine in-house PK, TE, and also high drug load formulation for safety, efficacy and toxicology studies. Define the preferred approach and train lab staff to support and develop their understanding of formulation preparation. Work with stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of formulations for internal and external studies utilising in-house and CROs as required.
- Oversee purity assessment of the compound collection, review and establish criteria and methods of assessment for both internal and external compounds.
- Guide project teams, leading activities including oversight of preclinical formulation development, and working closely with stakeholders in multifunctional project teams.
- Oversight of ChromLogD, BCS classification, thermodynamic solubility in solvent and Fessif, Fassif, FaSGF and pH buffers, along with development of stability indicating LC-MS methods, solid state stability, and solution stability.
- Establishment of in-house laboratory capabilities where feasible , assessing form and particle size.
- Ideally we are looking for someone with extremely strong analytical skills able to oversee the strategy for purity, method development and method selection.
We are looking for someone with:
- Degree or PhD qualified in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science or Chemistry (or related subject) and around 10 years relevant experience in industry
- Proven line management and training capabilities .
- A problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team of scientists.
- Experience of dissolution IVIVC Gastro plus (supported by modeller) preferred.
- Experience with development of preclinical and clinical formulations for oral and parenteral routes would be an advantage.
- Experience authoring CMC sections of IND/IMPD applications would also be an advantage.
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery and development company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. The Benevolent Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of 13 named drug programmes and over 10 exploratory programmes, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.