About Window Fleur
Window Fleur is a totally unique direct-to-consumer window box subscription brand. We offer a wide range of window boxes in different styles and price points, as well as ready-planted biodegradable Bloom Bags that drop straight into any box.
Each season our customers receive their ready-planted displays in our biodegradable Bloom Bag refills, which drop straight into their window box. It’s that simple!
We launched in 2020 and have since built a very loyal customer base delivering thousands of window boxes across London.
We currently only deliver within the M25, but our new product range allows us to ship UK-wide using the standard courier network, which we’ll be launching in Q2 2023.
This is a really unique opportunity. We’re looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic MD to lead the business to the next level. The business has built a strong brand with solid recurring revenue.
The MD will be charged with taking the existing product offering, and where necessary diversifying it, to maximise our existing market opportunity and scale across the UK.
Working with the co-founders, you’ll have full control of the direction of the business.
Our studio is currently based in Ealing.
What the job involves
- Full day-to-day management of the business operations and administration.
- Developing our marketing and sales strategy.
- Lead development of operational tools, processes, databases and systems.
- Overseeing our key hire strategy.
- Where necessary, working with the co-founders to raise additional investment.
- Launch new products and services to meet the needs of our customers.
- Ensure our customers are happy with the Window Fleur product and experience.
- Experience in growing early-stage businesses. Whilst you don’t need to have held an MD role, demonstrating relevant experience is a must.
- Experience in growing and leading teams.
- We’re a D2C product, so previous ecommerce experience is important.
- We’re happy to speak to people from more corporate settings looking to move into the startup world.
- Building a startup is hard graft, so you must be resilient and thick skinned. We’re seeking someone who understands the hustle and scrappy nature needed to make a startup successful, and therefore thrives off getting stuck in and wearing multiple hats. Embracing creativity and curiosity is critical.
- It goes without saying, you’ll have a love for all things plants, and whilst basic horticulture knowledge is useful, it’s more important that you’re passionate.
- Highly organised.
- A decent understanding of Shopify and Hubspot would be a plus.
- You’ll be happy with hands-on work of a physical nature.
- You have positivity, tenacity, energy and a love of just 'getting things done’.
- Full driving licence and happy to drive a van would be a benefit.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
- Significant equity in the business that has strong recurring revenue, a loyal subscriber base and massive opportunity for rapid growth.
- A salary commensurate with the stage of the business.