Who We Are
We are looking for a full stack developer to take on existing and new development for our innovative SaaS solution supporting importers, exporters, customs brokers and freight forwarders which is gaining excellent traction and momentum with SME, corporate and trade facilitation organisations.
Our solution - AngularJS/PHP/mySql stack: you need to be highly proficient on core tech, able to think strategically, identify and improve issues, qa/testing mindset, excellent at managing your time and delivery, comfortable with ambiguity.
The SaaS platform touches on order management, finance, currency/payments, credit insurance, and goes deep into cross border trade including customs, goods/product compliance and other due diligence. It consumes many external API in shipping, FX rates, corporate and trade due diligence plus our own growing set of proprietary APIs with machine learning IP and analytics we're developing.
Technology we use / skill sets:
AngularJS (core) / Angular, CSS, Jquery, Vue (minor)
PHP (+Slim) / mySQL / AWS SDK / Python / Node.js (nice-to-have)
AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda etc), Rollup, Grunt/other JS workers, e2e testing toolsets
Initially freelance/contract work transitioning into for a long term position. You will pick up business skillsets in international trade and finance, supply chain operations and visibility,
This role would suit developers who are looking to take on a challenge and potentially join us to build the business through the scaling phase and beyond.
You will need to be able to spend at least 1 day a month in London, but can generally work remotely.
Who You Are
- Have 7+ years of experience and have architected, built and delivered at least one complex system.
- Have experience building products that matter and pushing yourself and your team to be better and build a product with passionate advocates
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an high proficient in multiple stack areas. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know how to pick the right tool for any job
- Love digging into performance and scalability issues to drive breakthrough solutions-- whether it's a slow loading UI or too many clicks in a workflow, a database query timing out, or a queue that just won’t drain. You recognize all problems can be solved
- Able to work with others to proactively set project and feature requirement, including work timelines prioritization
- Experience onboarding and mentoring new team members while facilitate a learning culture and an environment where they can enhance their own skills
- Businesses with global supply chains
- Manufacturing, construction, energy, pharma, electronics, consumer products, etc.
- Importer/exporters, wholesale B2B, distributors, agents
- Freight forwarders, customs brokers, trade consultancies and memberships
- FTSE 100/250 clients and other mid-market players
- Core users are import / export functions, indirect tax / trade compliance, distribution and logistics
- Seed funded and revenue growing, options plan
- High calibre founders from top UK universities
- Business going for over 6 years
- Extensive product pipeline being delivered over the coming year
- Used in over 10 regions in the UK and Europe
- Born global due to the nature of the business