Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
From October 2021, Winnow is adopting a hybrid working model where employees will have the flexibility to work a couple of days a week remotely should they wish to.
As Product Marketing Manager working within our highly effective Marketing team, you will be responsible for developing effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate and excite our clients, both existing and prospective, with our range of existing and new products.
A naturally curious and energetic marketer, you will oversee the market research trends of your product set, develop the propositions and articulation of such, liaise with the technical, operational and commercial teams to position Winnow effectively in our chosen market verticals. You will own the product definition, develop messaging and market positioning for our products range, and ensure that the business development team is equipped with all the materials they need.
You will act as the voice of the customer, ensuring that future product and proposition development are in line with client needs and requirements. You are the glue that bonds our external positioning, our internal functions and will enhance the marketing/business development axis. The Product Marketing Manager reports to the Marketing Director.
- Work with the Product and Commercial teams to create compelling propositions for each of our key product areas, including hardware and software angles
- Plan and execute new product and proposition launches effectively ensuring all members of the Commercial team have a detailed and comprehensive understanding of each product area
- Effectively brief and communicate product and propositions to the client facing Business Development teams, including specification documents, sales presentations and technical briefs
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager (comms and brand) to ensure PR and communications plans include product specific activity
- Create all supporting sales and marketing collateral including client facing presentations, copywriting for print and web
- Oversee the company rate card ensuring all customer facing communications are accurate and up to date
- Lead on all product related internal comms ensuring product enhancements and improvements are communicated effectively across the organisation
- Work closely with product teams to help gather customer insight and feedback from customers.
- Create engaging content aimed at our users improving product understanding and feature adoption
- Working with the commercial team, develop and refine the onboarding and training program leading to improved adoption and performance
- Complete detailed competitor analysis and research covering market positioning pricing and vertical specialisms
- Manage and control budgets as required