Job Title: Technical Account Manager
Salary: £30-32k per annum
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From its launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than ten million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our offices in West London and numerous remote locations, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe. Right now, we're seeking a Technical Account Manager to take on a key operational role in the business, acting as the interface between our Commercial and Technical teams to ensure we have every high-quality job, everywhere listed in our search engine. Your job will be to make sure all our clients' content is on the site and up to date, to make sure we have the broadest possible coverage of jobs across all of the 20 countries we operate in and the highest quality jobs on the site for our job seekers. This is an incredible opportunity to take our job content to the next level, making a difference by hunting down new sources of jobs, managing and prioritising the integration of new job feeds/scrapes and ensuring they are maintained to a high standard.
You’ll be joining a growing team of 10+ individuals working alongside our Integration Specialists, Perl Developers, Product Managers; you will also work closely with our Country Managers and Account Managers. These teams will benefit from your experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in your role in this.
What’s in it for you?
Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and rapidly growing (and hiring!).
Like everyone at Adzuna, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders. You have the chance to play a key part in the growth of the company as well as developing your own skills in the following areas:
- Prioritising work for the technical team, including requests for new feeds of job adverts, changes to existing feeds and identifying and fixing issues
- Working with the Commercial and International teams to actively seek out new sources of high quality job content as well as maintaining our existing content to a high standard
- Driving improvements and automations in the feed integration process by identifying and clearing bottlenecks and increasing the team’s efficiency and throughput
- Having a broad understanding of Adzuna’s proposition, products and services to enable different customer needs to be serviced and at times dealing directly with customers and suppliers
- Solving problems for individuals and teams within Adzuna
- Working with the Tech team to improve the tools and processes we use for ingesting job ads into our systems
- Providing input into the development of our suite of products and services so that we can provide the best possible experience for our jobseekers and customers
We want to realise the next level of success and you will utilise your own skills and experience to meet our goals. It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- Graduate with at least 1 year of work experience in an operations or account management role or with similar experience
- Highly numerate, organised, able to analyse data make quick decisions and communicate clearly
- Excellent rapport builder and communicator, with excellent people skills and can work across teams to align around common goals, and not afraid to talk to anyone externally including technical conversations with developers
- Technically adept, with experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Enjoy working to tight deadlines, targets and service levels with a flexible, positive attitude and able to put detailed work into a wider business context
- Ambitious, energetic, action-oriented and smart person, enjoys building strong relationships, taking ownership of customer problem, working on solving them and making decisions
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Some understanding of online advertising including performance based pricing models
- Experience working with Jira or similar ticketing based systems
- Experience working with developers and/or remote teams
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options (we are all owners!) and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health; enhanced maternity and paternity leave; 25 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays; and a full programme of wellbeing activities and events.
- Hybrid working: We are a fully hybrid company - half our workforce are remote. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our workforce so that everyone feels included. We also have a travel programme to help facilitate teamwork across our global teams.
- Flexible working: For those working out of one of our offices (non-remote), we have a flexible working policy which means any full time employee can work from home 2-3 days per week - you can choose your office days. You can also request to work additional days from home. If you need additional flexibility, then let us know
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating an environment where everyone feels included and welcome. Our D&I committee helps deliver a programme of activities and actions to support this important area of focus.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow whether through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is done virtually to ensure that everyone is included.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.