Growth Marketing Director
What’s the role?
As Growth Marketing Director, you’ll be responsible for the daily management of the growth of our ecommerce company, with an initial focus on Paid Search and Paid Social activities. You’ll be working in a co-founder-esque capacity as our first mission-critical hire reporting directly to the CEO. You’ll be building out our digital marketing functions and producing a data-driven strategy to scale the company both domestically and internationally.
You’ll be hands-on in the accounts to execute your strategy at a tactical level with support from the CEO. With a laser-focus on P&L financial objectives, you’ll scale the company into new heights and show both us and yourself your true potential. Nail that, and you’ll be a CMO of a global company with 8-figure ambitions that is directly, and uncontestably, improving the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
So who are we?
We’re an innovative D2C brand that supports the type one diabetes community worldwide. We provide need-based, meaningful products that make life with diabetes easier. We’re focused on supporting our customers' mental health and have many exciting & novel projects in the pipeline to achieve this. We’re a small company that designs, manufactures, and ships all our products on-site. Most of us have Type One Diabetes, and we are driven by an insatiable and urgent need to help others with the condition. We’re the only brand tackling these problems, so we can’t fail. If you meet the criteria below and want to get stuck into this role, then we and our customers, need you.
Having achieved 40% MoM growth rates over 2022, we’ve raised external backing to continue onward to our 7-figure ARR objectives. You’ll be joining us in a mission-critical role and will have a significant influence on the future of our company and our vertical. This is a rare opportunity that will give you unrivaled experience across all aspects of D2C and will certainly propel you further than you thought you could go.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Ownership of, and daily management of, our Paid Social and Paid Search activities with the principal goal of delivering on P&L financial objectives.
- In partnership with our CEO, develop our growth strategy and ensure it’s ongoing optimization and execution.
- Develop intra-channel strategies and plans to drive both near-term performance as well as to build a foundation for healthy growth in the future.
- Identify and develop areas for growth in new channels, geographies, and categories to grow the business as per P&L objectives, balancing risk and reward.
- Be a guardian of our marketing strategy, ensuring all copy, creatives, and comms are on brand & in line with the broader strategic objectives, holding the wider team accountable where necessary.
- Manage and allocate the marketing budget as per the P&L, with a focus on incremental and marginal gains to drive a high and enviable MER.
- Continually monitor, mine for, and identify Keywords, using AHREFs, to be removed from the Paid Search campaigns and prioritized for organic ranking, and vice versa, to ensure PPC efficiency & organic growth.
- Maintain an adept understanding of the customer lifecycle and leverage first-party data tactics to drive acquisition, retention, revenue, and customer happiness.
- Work in partnership with our Managing Director and creative support to improve creative performance, UX, emails, omnichannel synergy, and other areas that you think can be improved upon or optimized.
- Implement a test-and-learn approach to proactively ensure the growth of paid marketing channels within appropriate CAC/CPC/LTV parameters.
- Analyze KPIs and implement changes and initiatives to boost customer acquisition, retention, and revenue.
- Deliver weekly reports to the team on relevant KPIs to ensure we are data-led, customer-centric, and on the right trajectory as per forecasts and the marketing strategy.
- Understand why we exist as a company and why our success is so important to patients worldwide. Use this as fuel to work with the tenacity & ferocity that is necessary to meet our strategic objectives.
What else should you know?
- This role is ideal for an experienced and ambitious marketer looking to push themselves to the next level, with aspirations for a CMO-level role within 2 years.
- Our key KPIs are, in no order, CAC, CLTV, CTR, AOV, MER, and ROAS, and we run on Shopify.
- You will not need to code or develop our site in any way but will be expected to offer landing page and UX improvements and fresh ideas where you can.
- You’ll be working alongside creative resources, social media management, and you’ll be able to delegate any marketing tasks to our CEO whom currently solo-manages the entire marketing function.
- You’ll need to be proactive and confident to suggest new ideas and ways of doing things and challenge us on what we already do and know. We are not attached to our methods, and this is an opportunity for you to shine & truly test your full potential in a supportive and encouraging environment.
- You’ll be a natural leader who will champion our internal culture of kindness, positivity, authentic compassion, and performance.
- This is a small start-up. We go above and beyond and work very hard; you’ll have to be genuinely motivated and driven to push yourself and the company. This role will challenge you, and it will test you.
What’s the package?
- This is a full-time remote role working Monday to Friday.
- There will be face-to-face meetings in London once every two weeks at our Investors’ offices.
- This role pays a salary of £50,000 with generous 6-monthly pay reviews as per P&L attainment.
- We expect to award EMI Share Options within 12 months, on merit.
- You’ll get a breadth of experience in every aspect of eCommerce and be upskilled to a data analytics competency that rivals major brands.
- 25 days holiday with Christmas & Birthdays off.
- Company pension, on-site parking, subsidized travel.
What are the requirements?
- At least 3-4 years of hands-on & relevant D2C experience across growth marketing & ecommerce.
- You’ll need to provide at least one reference and some examples of your work / past results.
- We want to allow everybody to perform their best at work or in an interview; please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made.