Filter by category
Filter by type
Senior Staff Front-End Software Engineer at Nutmeggo back to Developer Jobs
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
Job in a nutshell:
As a Staff Front-End Engineer, you will be a trusted technical authority within the organisation. While working with the front-end teams you will take ownership of the long-term architectural vision for part of the Nutmeg platform. As a member of the Architecture team, you will collaborate with other individual contributors to define and enable solutions to simplify and scale the Nutmeg platform. You will closely cooperate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in delivering and improving Nutmeg products.
We have an in-house bespoke Design System to help us scale the UI for white-labelling as well as maintaining a collection of solid domain driven web libraries. We are utilising Node JS to migrate away from a legacy codebase and to enable developers to create clear and clean pragmatic solutions. We have built a strong engineering foundation for knowledge sharing with several skill shares, guilds, and open discussions running every month.
We are looking for someone with previous job experience as a Senior Software Engineer/ Engineering Lead/ Principal Engineer and a strong passion for solving complex technical challenges.
- Excellent knowledge of React
- Designing, building, & maintaining SPAs, Micro-frontends & Design Systems
- Deep understanding of React Component architectures & best practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- Deep understanding of automated testing (visual regression, unit/ integration/ E2E tests/ accessibility)
- Hands-on experience with white-labelling & internationalisation
- Ability to design architectures to meet scalability, reliability and security targets
- Experience in driving cross-function technical initiatives
- Explaining technical issues in a clear way to the business and other stakeholders
- Experience with cloud environments (ideally AWS)
You might also have:
- Exposure to React Native
- Consuming REST & GraphQL APIs
- Feature flagging/ AB testing
- Monorepos (such as Lerna/ NPM workspaces)
- Mobile modularisation (native modules)
- Cross-platform mobile development (including tooling)
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.