Filter by category
Filter by type
Lead Data Scientist at FutureLearn Ltdgo back to Developer Jobs
- ₤60,000 - ₤70,000 a year
- ₤60,000 - ₤70,000 a year
FutureLearn operates a Remote First working practice. A hybrid approach where home is likely to be where you'll spend most of your working time, but you will need to attend our London offices for relevant meetings, engage with and support colleagues.
For over 15 million learners, FutureLearn is the gateway to high-quality lifelong learning – something we’re truly passionate about in our mission to transform access to education. Partnering with over 260 international educational institutions and businesses, we up-skill learners and fire up their creativity, interest – and, of course, their CVs! – with our online courses. We’re building a connected, collaborative, global community where learning is available for all. We’re on the cusp of emerging from a plucky EdTech start-up into a truly transformational business, with meaty goals for the next five years. You could help us achieve those goals, working in a dynamic environment and with a truly passionate team
What is the opportunity?
As a Lead Data Scientist you will work on a diverse range of projects to solve key business problems, enable data-driven decision making and optimise and automate processes. You will share responsibility for the entire Data Science workflow. In practice, this means exploiting data of heterogeneous nature (financial, web logs, marketing, behavioural, course content) to scope, develop and deploy data-science products as well as producing self-contained statistical models and ad-hoc analyses to create business insights. In this role you will be expected to manage data scientists and take the lead on the development of data science products.
FutureLearn has made significant investments into its data pipeline to enable fast, easy and scalable access to our data. Our data stack consists of Stitch, Snowflake, dbt and Looker. Python is the main programming language used for our Data-Science products and we mainly use AWS cloud tools to enable their scalability and automation.
The Data Science team sits in the Data & Analytics Department and works alongside the Business Insights Analysts and Data Engineers.
What will you bring to the table?
- 4+ years experience designing and developing data science and machine learning solutions to solve business problems in particular in the domain of product & marketing personalisation and customer value & experience journey analysis
- Experience managing data science teams.
- Bachelor’s/MSc/PhD in a quantitative discipline (Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar) or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge in Python, including experience with packages such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Seaborn and good working knowledge of SQL/PostgreSQL
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and to effectively collaborate within a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with statistical and machine learning techniques
- Experience of development and deployment of data science solutions within cloud environments (ideally within AWS)
- Knowledgeable in version control systems and hosting/sharing platforms such as Git/GitHub
- Experienced in communicating complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
- Ongoing desire to up-skill yourself
What can we offer you?
- 28 days of Annual Leave plus UK Public Holidays
- Roll over up to 5 days Holiday
- Buy and Sell up to 5 days Holiday
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Personal ‘recharge’ days, no questions asked
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charity work – 1 day dedicated to a charity of your choice
- Calm Premium Subscription
What happens next?
Ready to go for it? Click 'Apply', include your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to become a FutureLearner, and how you’ll nail this role.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made to support you through the recruitment process.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work – At FutureLearn we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We can't wait to meet you! #FutureLearnCareers
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.