Filter by category
Filter by type
Infrastructure Team Lead at Ometriago back to Developer Jobs
This is a great opportunity to lead the Infrastructure team at Ometria! As we experience continued growth, we have new and exciting challenges to solve across our stack which include scaling and maintaining the underlying infrastructure of our platform.
Who are we?
Ometria is a customer data and marketing platform that helps retailers increase CRM revenue by sending personalized marketing messages throughout the customer journey.
Our solution combines the data unification and customer insight of a CDP with a cross-channel marketing orchestration platform, letting retail marketers easily and efficiently create experiences their customers love across email, mobile, on-site, social, direct mail and more.
Ometria’s proven approach to accelerating revenue – our Retail Success Model™ – is a first-of-its-kind data science model for driving CRM growth in retail. It combines four proprietary AI algorithms that analyse a retailer’s CRM performance and deliver a bespoke marketing plan for reaching their revenue goals.
We are trusted by the fastest-growing retail brands in the world such as MADE.com, Hotel Chocolat, Pepe Jeans and Feelunique.
We have a team of over 130 Ometrians based in UK, US and Europe and we have raised $70M from leading capital venture funds like Infravia and Octopus.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Team Lead to support the VP of Engineering by spear-heading the Infrastructure team. You will scale our infrastructure and enable engineering teams in line with the growth plans of the company.
What will success look like?
- Team leadership - Maintain a healthy balance of planned work that is achievable, delivered in a timely manner and aligned with department and business goals.
- Technical leadership - Directly contribute to the delivery of planned work in the team while contributing to and aligning the team with the technical strategy.
- People management - Own management, hiring, onboarding, development & retention of 2-4 Infrastructure Engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- A role model for the infrastructure team - Work with Product, Engineering & Data teams to understand their needs and priorities. Run team ceremonies to plan, estimate and breakdown work.
- Guiding technical direction - This is a hands-on role, 50% of your time will be spent technically contributing. Attend and contribute to technical strategy meetings with the Engineering leadership team. Align the Infrastructure team to the technical strategy promoting short iterations on stable foundations.
- Share updates - Ensure that all stakeholders are informed of relevant work, risks, and issues, tailoring the message appropriately for the intended audience. Attend & contribute to project updates meetings.
- Continually improve - Develop, track, and improve infrastructure KPIs related to availability of the platform, cost of infrastructure and developer productivity. Drive platform and infrastructure improvements through contributions to operational excellence meetings and team goal setting.
- Coach & develop your team - Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports. Establish development plans for team members in line with individual and company needs. Coaching and mentoring team members to facilitate their technical development.
- Manage budget & partners - Establish a regular cadence of communication with our infrastructure partners. Forecast and track infrastructure costs. Track and report on infrastructure costs, working with our infrastructure partners to recommend suitable solutions/improvements that are effective and in line with the technical strategy.
Our clients interact with the Ometria platform through a single page web app, which uses both React and Ampersand.
The app communicates with the backend platform through various APIs written in Python 3. Although Golang powers some of our massively concurrent workloads, most of the platform is written in Python.
We run on AWS/Docker/Kubernetes configured with Terraform. Postgres, Redshift and S3 build our multi-TB data backbone, while individual services are connected via asynchronous messaging protocols mainly using Kafka & SQS. With the growing need of our customers, we are looking at other big data technologies like EMR, Glue and Spark.
- You have experience leading a team and hands-on experience in our relevant technologies.
- You are very technically literate with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- You have high emotional intelligence and can build trust quickly with your team, peers and stakeholders.
- You seek to understand as well as advocate ideas based on your experience and knowledge.
- You effectively work with stakeholders outside of the Engineering team, communicating clearly with non-technical audiences.
- You have experience in building and deploying infrastructure in high traffic, highly available cloud infrastructure environments
- You have experience or knowledge about deploying applications to and operating Kubernetes in production
- You enjoy measuring anything and everything, and driving insight into systems and application performance.
Why join Ometria?
The amazing people of Ometria are the core of our business. We believe in making it awesome to be here for all Ometrians and place a continued focus on making Ometria an inclusive, respectful and diverse environment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.