Reporting into: CFO
Who we are:
Pasta Evangelists was born seven years ago out of a desire to become the authority in fresh pasta by reimagining and elevating the category, one which is worth a staggering £3.8bn but which has seen little innovation in decades.
Since launching as a fresh pasta recipe kit service, we have built a cult following of British pasta lovers who are passionate about discovering the breadth and variety of pasta, as well as the irresistible stories behind it.
Today, Pasta Evangelists is backed by Barilla (the world’s biggest pasta company) and is proud to be the UK’s fastest-growing fresh pasta brand. Our recipe kits are now available on major online retailers like Ocado & Amazon Fresh and quick commerce players like Zapp and Getir.
We are disrupting Britain’s pizza-centric Italian takeaway market with a brand new fresh pasta takeaway concept, available on pastaevangelists.com as well as major delivery players like Deliveroo, UberEats and JustEat. Londoners can also treat themselves to fine Italian dinings at our high-end Harrods Pasta Bar, or learn to make our signature dishes from scratch at our viral Pasta Academy, where we welcome thousands of pasta lovers every month.
Given our ambitions, we are looking for exceptional professionals to lead our business through its next growth chapter.
Finance at Pasta Evangelists:
The finance team at PE is split into two main teams which are led by our CFO, however we collaborate together as a function and work closely with others across the company:
Financial Control & Compliance- this team runs all things financial reporting, including weekly KPI reports, compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)- this team partners with the business and manages our budgeting/forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance.
The Financial Controller role will be the most senior within the finance team. Although heading up all areas of financial control, it will also act as an advisor to the FP&A department. The main tasks are:
- Partner with CFO in leading the team to a “best-in-class” finance department.
- Manage a team of two accountants, including our outsourced team.
- Improve company-wide internal controls to be fit for our next phase of growth.
- Timely production of monthly management accounts to our shareholders and company Board.
- Weekly reporting of all profit and loss reports across all channels.
- Production of annual statutory accounts.
- Liaise with auditors for the annual group audit.
- Liaise with the holding company regarding all ad-hoc reporting matters including IFRS-matters.
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers.
- Weekly cash-flow forecasting.
- Support with annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
Who you are:
- ACA or similar qualification. 5 Years post-qualification experience
- Previous hospitality industry experience skills are key
- Previous experience in team management
- Strong Excel skills
- A strong emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to multi-task and to co-ordinate a series of different jobs concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Competent oral and written communication skills, with ability to evaluate queries and advise the teams in a timely and professional manner
- Previous use of Xero and an inventory management system is preferable
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary to attract best talent
- Meaningful equity package with significant upside potential
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ‘il bel paese’
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Free Italian lessons
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)