Healistic is leading the ‘Open Healthcare’ revolution. We are building the all-in-one pharma & personal care commerce and healthcare management platform (mobile first). We aim to become a universal digital home where users can regain control over their own healthcare in an integrated ecosystem.
This means that you will join a well-funded start-up as one of the first employees - an opportunity to join a rocket ship and play a vital part of our founding team, having a major impact on shaping the future of the business.
Since raising our £1m pre-seed funding last year, we officially launched in December and fully live across iOS & Google, generating revenue and now focusing on growth. We are going to market with the first building block of this platform which focuses on instant pharma & personal care product delivery - connecting pharmacies with consumers, who can order directly via our mobile app.
We have the first B2B partnerships signed and have built a strong core team, supported by industry leading advisors. We are highly ambitious, driven and always learning, while remembering to have fun along the way. We value self-starters who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, logic and kindness – no big egos here – just one startup family with the goal of revolutionising Healthcare. We write Culture with a capital C.
At Healistic, we always look to hire talent that propels this company forward and recognise that success is a causation of diversity in our experiences and backgrounds. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future of healthcare we envision.
Spearheading our technology capabilities, we are looking for a high-level software engineer who possesses prodigious skills and has a strong desire to take ownership in each stage of software development. We expect comfortability around both front-end and back-end coding languages, while demonstrating a continuously persevering attitude to solving puzzles. You will be an integral part of evolving our mobile app into a world-class product, collaborating effectively with the team to deliver extraordinary output.
Scope of the role
- Architect the in-house build of our go-to-market product, participating in the design and creation of scalable software
- Assume leadership of new projects, from conceptualization to deployment
- Write clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Partner with Product, Growth and Operations to deliver real business impact at fast pace
- Create fast, flexible and user-friendly experiences
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Create security and data protection settings when and where required
Essential skills and experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience within a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge in one technical area and love sharing that knowledge with other engineers be that Mobile, Web Frontend or Systems / Backend / Infrastructure
- Comfortable with Full-Stack plus Dev Ops tooling (infrastructure, backend, frontend, mobile experience) and driving to build expertise across the stack
- Backend: Substantial experience in CakePHP (and ideally Node.js)
- Frontend: Substantial experience building mobile applications in iOS (Swift) and Android
(Kotlin & Java)
- Have previously taken ownership of code/features and experienced in modern software delivery practices
- Possess some experience with SQL - bonus points if its PostgresSQL
- Proactive personality with a passion for Software Engineering, Product and Design
- Previously been in a principal position at a growth startup desirable
- Demonstrates hunger and initiative - leading by example
- A fantastic communicator, having excellent verbal and written communication skills with various stakeholders
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- A great mentor and teacher - you can bring complicated systems down to earth
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Equity
- Fully remote role if you wish, otherwise you’ll be based in our beautiful office in Mayfair with WFH flexibility
- Opportunity to be part of a mission driven company that aims to have a genuine positive impact on the lives of billions of people
- Scope for rapid career development as the company scales
- 25 vacation days (and another day for your birthday)
- Pension plan
If the above sounds like you, please apply by sending your CV to: email@example.com
At Healistic we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religious preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!