We’re an award-winning enterprise software scale-up with high ambitions for growth. Being recognised as Scotland’s fastest growing tech company in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards for three years in a row shows that we are on the right track!
Dayshape is an advanced resource management solution, incorporating AI and intelligent automation to help professional services firms optimise their workforce like never before. It’s built to handle large, complex, and ever-changing requirements with ease.
As a company, we live our values every day and we're committed to making sure our friendly and inclusive environment grows with us.
Why we’re hiring
The Dayshape team has grown a lot over the last couple of years, so, we’re looking for an Office Manager to support the business by ensuring we’re set up to work in the best ways possible to facilitate collaboration and productivity, whether working in the office, remotely, or a hybrid of the two.
This will be a varied role, from more strategic things like business continuity planning to small but vital things like ensuring we’ve got enough milk in the fridge! As the team continues to grow, we need additional support in making sure things are running smoothly - that’s where you come in.
What you’ll do
- Manage our Edinburgh office space, creating an inspiring and functional space that allows our people to do their best work - in person, or collaborating with remote staff
- Manage key relationships relating to the office, including CodeBase, cleaners, and tradespeople
- Ensure our office is well stocked with supplies and kitted out with the right equipment to facilitate collaboration and productivity
- Prep the office space/meeting rooms for significant meetings (e.g. interviews, board meetings), including ordering catering when required
- Scout for future office space and manage office moves and renovations as necessary in the future
General Office Management
- Support business continuity planning
- Manage insurance renewals to ensure we remain compliant and appropriately covered, negotiating for the best prices
- Supplier management
- Be responsible for health and safety, including risk assessments and organising first aid training
- Work with our IT team to ensure we’re compliant with relevant legislation and upholding policies in accordance with our ISO27001 certification
- Other ad hoc project support as necessary to support the growth of the company
Admin & Communications
- Providing some PA/Exec support, including investor communications and distributing quarterly shareholder reports
- Be the first point of contact via phone and email for general enquiries
- Ensure Confluence, our internal knowledge base for employees, is kept up to date
- Organise quarterly team events, e.g. summer BBQ, Halloween party, ceilidh
- Coordinate group travel requirements (travel bookings are mostly handled individually, but where groups need to travel together, the person in this role will help coordinating this)
- Work with IT and HR to ensure new employees have the kit they need
- Proven experience in an office management role
- Experience managing and negotiating insurance
- Understanding of risk management
- An all-rounder with a can-do attitude - you can be thrown at any problem and come back with solutions
- Intrinsically vigilant and responsible, you consider the edge cases, side effects, and impact on others when introducing new policies or ways of working
- High resilience and adaptability, able to multitask and prioritise high workload effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- A bias for action, with demonstrable experience proactively taking initiative to improve systems and processes
- A strong relationship-builder, able to work collaboratively across departments, building trust and influence at all levels of the business
- Fluent in English with a high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills (especially if you’re familiar with Google Workspace tools, Confluence, and Slack)
Bonus points for…
- Experience working in a fast-growing SME environment
- Experience working in tech (especially tech start-ups or scaleups)
- Direct PA or executive support experience
- Experience managing budgets
- Line management experience
What you’ll get
- Salary £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
- At least £1,000 per year to spend on professional and personal development
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing by one day each year up to a maximum of 40 days
- Private healthcare and rewards through Vitality
- Income protection and death in service cover
- Family leave policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- 5% matched contribution in our NEST auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Access to wellbeing offerings, such as our Employee Assistance Programme and a dedicated counselling service
- Weekly All Hands meeting for inspiration and over-communication
- Every month we take time out of the working week for team socials: past events include hiking, family BBQs, and laser quest
- Genuinely nice, smart people to work with, who are excited about growing our company
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week). We typically work from 09:00 - 17:30 from Monday to Friday, though we can be flexible around this, just let us know. You won’t need to be in the office every day, but you will need to be in our Edinburgh office on a regular basis (at least weekly), so this role is not suited to fully remote working.
Join the team!
Equality of opportunity is more than just a responsibility: we believe it’s a huge advantage to welcome a variety of experiences and perspectives into the team. Diversity is a great asset and, as such, we strongly encourage applications from any background.
This is your opportunity to really influence how we get things done. We're doing well, but there's lots more to do in order to maintain the high bar and pace that we've set.
Everyone here is growing personally as the company grows, so if that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to see your application. The deadline for applications is January 31st 2023, with interviews taking place over the following couple of weeks.