SALARY: Competitive (dependent on experience) plus discretionary bonus & benefits
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time position (minimum 3 - 4 days in the office)
LOCATION: Hammersmith, London
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 3rd at 5pm. In person interviews will take place w/b February 6th.
1 About Us
OVID Health is an independent award-winning health communications consultancy. Our purpose is to increase the number of people living healthily and to inspire good care through the power of communications.
2 About You
We are on the lookout for a proactive, organised and energetic person to join us so we can continue with OVID’s impressive growth over the past year. In this role you will be at the heart of enabling and supporting the team to deliver at their best and ensuring our clients receive the best possible service.
You will lead and deploy OVID’s day-to-day operations function and strategy to ensure we continue to be the best health comms agency to work for (and with) in the UK. You will report to our Senior Leadership Team.
2.1 Essential Skills
- Great written and organisational skills.
- Capacity, timeline and budget management.
- Project management
- Strong business numeracy including bookkeeping, VAT, tax and payroll
- Ability to drive and inform business strategy and practices in a consultancy setting
- Proactive implementation of operations best practice (policies, systems, processes)
- Identify and independently implement opportunities to outsource and cost save
2.2 Desirable Skills
- Online bookkeeping software (Xero, QuickBooks, Sage etc.)
- IT Troubleshooting
- Office365 Admin (creating new users and groups, SharePoint etc.)
- Functional knowledge of HR and contracts law
- Familiar with WordPress (or similar website platform)
- Management experience
As part of this role you have the support of a remote executive assistant as well as access to the company’s full training and development programme and bespoke support.
3 Example Responsibilities
Your role will be varied and interesting, with new challenges every day. As Head of Operations, we expect you to be proactive and organised – always looking for opportunities to improve how we run our business.
Some example responsibilities include:
3.1 People policies and processes
- Onboarding / offboarding (contracts, inductions, records)
- Training and development (including maintaining records, bookings, budgets)
- Managing HR processes and policies
- Staff wellbeing, internal communications and benefits programme
- Reviewing programme budgets and dealing with RFP or pharmaceutical supplier procurement teams and portals
- Contract review and creation
- Managing the team on project budgets & providing reports
- New starter tech setup
- Setup of email groups
- Website updates (Wordpress)
- Basic IT support (we use macOS – we will familiarise you if you’ve only used PCs)
- Marketing mail out support (Mailchimp)
- Webinars (Zoom)
- Managing our HR platform (Breathe)
3.4 Finance and servicing oversight
- Payroll (Xero) and timesheets (in-house system)
- Invoicing & payments
- Accounting (including reconciliation, VAT, expenses)
- Negotiating deals on contracts & subscriptions
- Resource management and detailed financial oversight
- Liaising with our accountants
- Office management and limited diary management
- Insurance, subscriptions and contracts
- Capacity planning (in-house tool)
- Data reporting to SLT
- Conducting SLT feedback, analysing data & generating reports
4 What’s on offer?
An opportunity to have your ideas, voice and thoughts heard and implemented. We bring clients a creative and personal experience. We’ll take good care of you, and in return you’ll receive autonomy, the opportunity to work in a truly integrated team, a lovely office environment and excellent benefits.
We’re also offering you a chance to enhance your professional development through a bespoke training programme and achieve a stimulating mix of work for a company which has an exciting and meaningful purpose.
- Company pension with 5% employer contribution as soon as you start
- 25 days annual leave plus birthday day off
- Private primary care access
- OVID Book Club (we reimburse you for the books)
- Free on-site gym
- Great social fun (recent socials have included murder mystery, immersive game box and a bake off!)
- Buy or selling of holiday and a work from anywhere policy for two weeks a year
- Unlimited use of the office dog
4.2 How to apply
- Send us your CV – two pages max
- Send us a covering email telling us why OVID, why you and why this role.
To read about what we do and who we work with, please explore our website. We can’t wait to hear from you!
No recruitment agencies please.
OVID is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Please note all candidates applying must have the right to legally work in the UK. We are members of the Healthcare Communications Association, the Public Relations and Communications Association and the Taylor Bennett Foundation.