Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our award-winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 350 across 4 locations. Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
About the role
We are looking for a reward specialist who has a deep understanding of the different approaches to rewards and benefits.
In this role, you will “take the wheel” in ensuring our approach is spirited allowing us to attract and retain the talent we need and resulting in strong employee engagement. You will be working with our VP People to design our new Rewards strategy from scratch, creating a levelling, pay and benefits approach that keeps our highly talented group of employees motivated to join our team!
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth. We’re a value and results focused organisation, and we’re looking for someone who wants to contribute to that, shaping an environment where outstanding people can thrive.
What you'll do:
- Creating from scratch our new framework for compensation planning and analysis
- Review our compensation benchmarking tools and look to roll out something that is scalable as we expand our organisation
- Working with our People team to create a job levelling framework from scratch
- Review our benefits offering to ensure we are being competitive
- Consider relevant reward structures that foster the Motorway Culture & align with business strategy
- Ensure employees understand and appreciate Motorway’s total reward offering through effective partnership with our internal communications team
- Create & deliver relevant trainings to develop a solid understanding of reward across our management teams
- Keep up to date with any legislative changes and compliance
- Own metrics on reward related reporting
- Conduct our Gender Pay Gap reporting
- You will have strong reward experience including: pay and benchmarking, benefits, job evaluation and annual reporting e.g. Gender pay gap
- Data driven & analytical resulting in fact based recommendations
- Ability to lead a change management process end to end
- Demonstrable experience rolling out rewards frameworks from scratch
- You are passionate about reward and getting it right for the team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player, supporting with any people systems or projects where your role adds value
- Highly influential with the ability to build trust across all levels of the organisation through your strong stakeholder management capabilities
- You will be motivated and driven by results, and not afraid to suggest new ways of working
- A competitive salary
- Annual learning budget with Learnerbly
- BUPA health insurance.
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where people can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.