GALLOS invests in and co-builds early-stage (pre-Seed through to Series B) technology companies, focusing on key sectors including cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, data analytics, sensors, and autonomous systems (UAVs).
GALLOS has assembled a world-class team with decades of nation state level security experience as well as deep investment and commercialisation know-how. The GALLOS team supports the companies it invests in by bringing unique security, science, technology and commercial optimisation expertise, underpinned by highly-connected, patient capital at scale.
GALLOS has several valuable differentiators including its unique view of the needs and the technologies to help commercial and governmental organisations manage the systemic security challenges they face. Specifically, GALLOS enjoys proprietary access to unique deal flow and highly-expert human capital thanks to our deep connectivity within established networks in the UK and US especially.
Following an oversubscribed capital raise in July 2022, GALLOS is actively investing in and building high-potential companies. We are currently recruiting for a Team Assistant to help us work more efficiently as we continue to grow rapidly.
As the Team Assistant at GALLOS you will have an unprecedented opportunity to support the GALLOS’ team’s co-building efforts, providing assistance to the teams in all aspects of operations, finance, HR and project management.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the CFO with processing invoices, payments and monthly payroll
- Assisting the broader team in the preparation, execution and filing of statutory forms
- Ad hoc analysis
- Working with the COO to identify internal resource needs
- Undertaking and organising interviews and case studies
- Managing new employee onboarding/offboarding and maintaining the HR system
- Executive support:
- Coordinating, minuting and following up after key meetings with a large group of senior stakeholders
- Planning in-person meetings and events for the team and broader ecosystem (e.g. advisory board, conferences)
- Coordinating team hardware (phones, laptops etc) plus software access and licences
- Managing the shared office spaces (in Cheltenham and London)
- Ad hoc support on a range of special projects:
- Research topics connected to ongoing projects (e.g. ecosystem, regulatory, events)
- Identify, test and implement new systems that make GALLOS more efficient
- Additional special projects, based on your interests and experience
The role is remote but will require some occasional travel to London and Cheltenham. You will report directly to Natasha Gedge, COO of GALLOS Cobuild.
Required experience and skills
- 4+ years Experience supporting a large group of global executives
- An understanding of day-to-day HR, finance and operational processes
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done efficiently, with an attention to detail
- Exceptionally organised, with an ability to plan ahead and multi-task
- An ability to independently create new processes and procedures
- Confident using a range of software including Microsoft Office Suite, Calendly, Asana, Notion; able to learn new platforms easily
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal)
- High EQ
This role would suit someone who has great people skills, enjoys making other people’s lives easier and proactively thinks about what the team needs, implementing solutions as required.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Passion for and/or domain expertise in cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, AI/ML, UAVs, or national security related technologies
- Working with, and managing, external suppliers
- Experience of working in a startup environment
- Prior handling of confidential information