Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.3B invested into campaigns and more than 1850 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of lawyers working on transaction documents for investment rounds.
- Taking ownership of our UK pipeline of deals from a legal perspective.
- Liaise with entrepreneurs on a daily basis to assist them with any legal queries.
- Assist investment associates and our Sales team with due diligence on startups looking to raise investment through Seedrs.
- Prepare and negotiate legal documentation for startups that successfully raise investment through Seedrs - including bespoke subscription agreements, convertible agreements, shareholder agreements and articles of association - to ensure Seedrs’ minimum investment terms are reflected.
- Support our Portfolio team in managing our post-completion relationship with startups that have raised investment with us, including further funding rounds, changes to articles and shareholder agreement, conversions of convertible instruments.
- Input into the various processes and products that make our team run.
You will be responsible for all legal aspects of the campaigns you are overseeing and will play a key part in taking startups through the funding process. While we’re looking for an excellent lawyer, you’ll also need to develop an understanding of everything related to fundraising via Seedrs, including strategies around crowdfunding, the regulatory framework in which we operate, engaging with investors (from small, self directed investors to high net worths and institutions) and understanding our platform and products.
What we're looking for:
- A qualified lawyer with venture capital/private equity/corporate transactional experience, who is commercial and comfortable working across jurisdictions (working with local counsel where required).
- PQE 4+ years in a corporate/transactional team but we may consider other candidates with appropriate experience (must be qualified).
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. If you don’t believe that startups will change the world, this job is not for you.
- A solid understanding of the early investment space.
- Self-starter and problem solver who is not afraid to come up with new solutions to complex problems and new processes to increase efficiency.
- Strong organisational skills are essential, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure. We are fast growing and need someone who can manage their time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – this role requires strong account management skills and the ability to build rapport and explain complex legal concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience managing individuals or teams would be preferable.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- 30 minute telephone call with our recruitment team.
- 1 hour interview including an on-call technical assessment.
- Final interview with our Senior Legal & Investment Manager and a Culture Interview held by the People Team.