About the role
NearSt’s mission is to get people back into high street shops. Our retail tech platform makes shops’ in-store inventory data visible to the internet, so that anyone anywhere can see what’s in stock in their local shop.
Companies like Google and Facebook use our technology to show live in-store inventory on their platforms to millions of shoppers searching nearby, sending online shoppers into physical stores.
We’re looking for a driven Sales Executive to join our 3-person sales team and play an integral role in bringing on board key retailers in 2023. You’ll be working at the very front of the business supporting two senior sales executives, taking ownership of the top of our pipeline by finding creative ways to establish relationships and build trust with key decision makers in mid-sized and large retailers.
We’re looking for someone who’s demonstrated they’re a high performer in the first year or so of their sales career, and is keen to take on more responsibility in a small, fast-moving team. As an early-stage tech startup, we’re constantly learning and evolving ourselves, and will look to you to do the same.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and plan creative ways to reach our target customers in a way that helps you (and NearSt) capture prospects’ attention
- Outreach and speak to prospective clients to identify what their needs are, and qualify if NearSt is a good fit to help them with their goals
- Build your knowledge as an expert on our product and the retail technology ecosystem, helping you become a trusted and helpful guide for your prospects
- Manage your sales pipeline in Hubspot, booking meetings with larger retailers for our senior sales executives and managing your own deal-flow of small and mid-sized retailers
- Report clearly and articulately on your KPIs
What you’ll bring
- You'll have 1-2 years prior sales experience in a high-performing team and are confident picking up the phone and speaking with prospects..
- You have a strong desire to learn both individually and to help your teammates grow
- You’re results-oriented, driven, and motivated by clear goals
- You are a great writer and craft concise, compelling messages that drive people to act
- You have excellent phone manner, and are confident fielding both inbound enquiries and carrying out direct outreach to new prospects
- You are excited about working in a startup, being adaptable, wearing different hats and getting stuck-in when needed
- You are impact driven and motivated to make a real difference in the world
Why we think you’ll love it here
We’re a fast-growing, tight-knit team united in our enthusiasm for what the future of retail holds (hear our CEO talk about this during our keynote at The Next Web). We believe we have an incredible opportunity to make a massive positive impact on the world and we think the best way to get there is by collaborating with each other.
Startup life is always a lot of work and a ton of fun - however, we value a balanced and happy team over anything else, so we’ve put together a great framework to ensure everyone feels their best.
- Semi-Remote Team 🌍 We work as a semi-remote team, where our Work Life office is a hub for collaboration and team-oriented work and home is a place for deep focussed work. Each team sets their own schedule based on their own needs, and all new joiners get a budget to make sure their home is set up as a great space to work.
- Tech and Software 💻 Whether you’re working at home or HQ, you’ll benefit from the latest MacBooks and freedom to suggest the software that will help you do your best work, rather than updating spreadsheets and waiting for apps to load.
- Stock Options 💰 Everyone should share a stake in our success, so if you’re a full time employee you’ll receive stock options when you join.
- Wellness Budget 🧘 Stay at your best with a monthly wellness budget to spend as you please on things to keep you happy, healthy and well. Whether that’s on meditation apps, healthy food subscriptions, or gym memberships. If it keeps you well, it’s covered.
- Mental Health Support 🌸 Taking care of your mental health is just as important as your physical health, so we provide professional and confidential support from the wonderful therapists at Spill, directly in Slack.
- Personal Growth ✨ Develop personally and professionally with an annual budget of £1000 for you to upskill in ways that suit your own learning style - whether through books, training courses, or attending events.
- Mindset 💭 We cultivate an entrepreneurial can-do mindset; brilliant ideas can and must come from everywhere in the business and we have working groups and regular meeting to ensure these ideas find their way to fruition.
- Purpose 🌟 Work among a team who genuinely want to make a massive positive difference in the world
We're a fast-growing tight-knit team of 20 people who all share a common vision that what we’re building will define the future of how everyone shops. Startup life is always a lot of work and a ton of fun, so we’ve focussed hard on putting a great framework in place that lets people do their best work.
To see more about what life is like at NearSt, check out our career page.
How To Apply
Please submit answers to three initial questions along with your CV. Your answers will be reviewed anonymously by several team members before we see your CV, as part of our commitment to making hiring fairer and less biassed.
You'll also be asked some questions about your background - these are optional and anonymised via Applied to help us fight bias and make hiring a more fair and equitable process.
There are four stages to the interview process:
- 3 questions submitted and reviewed blind using Applied
- Initial call over Zoom with the Sales Lead
- Interview and pitch to the sales team
- Final interview (in-person) with the founders
We look forward to hearing from you! 🎉