We’re looking for a Full-time Customer Service Executive
This is a critical role in a customer-orientated company. We need someone to help us supercharge our supportive first line contact team. Broadly the role includes the following core tasks to deliver a first class customer experience:
- Be the first point of contact for customers across key channels including Live chat, WhatsApp. Email and Phone.
- Provide timely first level support in COAT tone of voice. Includes product advice, shipping information, incident handling etc.
- Edit customer orders and regularly liaise with production and shipping
- Execute and manage operational processes for issue reporting, returns, recycling etc.
- Key relationship support for Trade clients (interior designers, architects, decorators) - bulk order support, invoicing, project consultation.
- Provide colour and scheme advice to customers (don’t worry, we’ll train you to be a pro in this)
- Manage COAT social community
- Initiate change improvements to continuously ensure a category-leading customer experience service.
- Filter and manage general enquiries
- Other adhoc requirements for the business
Skills and experience...
In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone to represent the brand and be a friendly, organised, unflappable customer service superstar. To help us get on the same page, we’re thinking the right person for this job should be...
- Caring and passionate about great customer experience: your name is front and centre responding to COAT’s most important stakeholders - our customers. You should care about every message and be driven to get a happy customer result every time.
- Organised: you’ve got to be “on it” when it comes to managing multiple tasks at once, and multiple people.
- Detail Oriented: joining the dots between departments to ensure that customer requirements are met swiftly.
- Methodical: you’ll be comfortable with a nicely set-out process that’s consistently followed. You’ll also be keen to improve this and proactively develop the system.
- Time Conscious: responding with pace and accuracy
- Eager to learn: the role will require you to become an expert in colour advice and paint particulars. Don’t worry, you’ll always be supported by the Pro’s but you’ll be trained to be an expert in your own right. So this should feel exciting to you.
- Creative in problem solving: we’re a new business, and you’ll be helping shape the customer service experience with us. Hopefully you’re creative, and like a challenge
- Proactive: nobody likes a babysitter, so everyone at COAT is proactive in managing their own work and time.
- Multi-lingual: this might be a big ask, so it’s not a deal breaker. But if you speak French and/or German, that would be a big plus.
In terms of past experience - we’re flexible. Ideally you’ll have experience with customer facing roles in the past. We need someone that is a quick learner, good communicator and great with IT…. if you’re a creative soul and interested in interiors/design then even better! But as long as you can show us that you’re keen, willing and hitting the job requirements above, we’d love to chat. Naturally you should have the legal right to work in the UK, too.
The successful candidate will receive all the appropriate product training and support, so knowledge of paint and DIY is a bonus, but not a requirement.
Important Admin Bits
- Type of role: Full time, Perm
- Hours: 8 hours/day, 5 days a week on a rolling shift-pattern covering the hours of 9am-9pm, 7 days a week
- Location: Our Clerkenwell studio, EC1R 0LY
- Pay: £27,000 a year
We’re an online luxury paint company who hand finish, package and ship paint directly to customers. We’re disrupting the way paint buying happens, making it ridiculously easy for people to have a home they’re proud of. Curated colours, innovative peel-and-stick samples, and all the equipment you need to paint - delivered the next day.
We’re all about simplicity, ease and conscious thinking. If we can make decorating a more enjoyable experience, for our customers and the environment, then we’re winning.