London / Remote
Salary range: £60-70k, depending on experience
Oscar's Farm is focused on bringing the best quality food to your dog - our new breed of food, Fresh Pressed, gently cooks and presses nutritious and fresh ingredients into tasty kibble, keeping all the best parts of the ingredients without the need for additives or nasties. We are an Irish business with a small team and recently expanded into the UK!
We are looking to bring in a COO to report directly to the CEO of Oscar’s Farm. The role would be an exciting one, helping the CEO to grow and optimise the business. The COO would take over a number of the core operational areas of the business, including, but not limited to, the supplier relationships, managing our stock levels and forecasts, building out the finance function and financial reporting, helping to source and launch new products, helping with fundraising and ensuring the strategic goals of the business are executed efficiently.
The COO will need to wear multiple hats as we are a small business and there are daily challenges! However, the right candidate will enjoy the ups & downs of a start-up. There are a lot of opportunities to expand the business and depending on interests / experience, the COO could have a chance to work on some of these expansion initiatives as well. Once the candidate is settled in, there will be an opportunity to hire in direct reports and expand their team.
- 3+ years in a senior level position, preferably in the consumer goods or e-commerce space
- Previous experience in an investment banking, finance or accounting role (or similar)
- Has worked within or closely with supply chain teams
- Modelling skills, including financial models e.g. cashflow, P&L
- Ability to generate inventory and financial forecasts
- Hyper organised
- Ability and desire to wear multiple hats
- We are a small team, so ability to work well with the rest of the team is essential. Kindness and being collaborative is a non-negotiable
- Experience managing a team
- Comfortable working with databases (particularly BigQuery), Metabase & SQL
- European languages a plus
- Fundraising experience a plus
- Competitive equity in the business
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Monthly stipend for health and wellness
- Fully remote with access to a co-working space if required
- Bi-annual whole company meet ups
- Ability to work up to 3 months of the year outside home country