LaundryRepublic is looking for an experienced Operations Director to lead and develop an established, rapidly scaling, sustainable service with a growing operations team of c.40 people. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual with a strong operations background to join a successful, fast-growing company and shape a vital part of our future.
You will lead LaundryRepublic’s state-of-the-art dry cleaning and laundry operations, based in Balham, South West London. The role will be focused on scaling up a successful, profitable operation while improving already high standards of quality and productivity. You’ll manage the Operations Manager and Customer Service Manager to drive improvement across the operation.
You’ll be reporting directly to the founders, in a fast-paced, friendly and innovative environment.
Founded in 2009, LaundryRepublic is London’s leading sustainable laundry and dry cleaning company. Our award-winning team of 50+ people provides a high-quality, sustainable dry cleaning and laundry service to both consumers and commercial clients across London. We’re profitable, growing fast and have doubled in size since last year. We’ve won numerous awards for our service and have been featured by the BBC, FT and other national press.
The Operations Director is a key leadership role in the company, and this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, talented individual to make a huge difference in a fast-growth company. You’ll be part of the senior management team and responsible for a fantastic team of 40+. This is a hands-on, on-site role with limited opportunity for home working.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and motivating our operations team
- High-level customer service team oversight
- Driving operational improvements
- Working with our tech team to implement ops tech improvements
- Improving gross margins by achieving team performance goals
- Achieving specific targets for quality and accuracy
- Managing equipment and vehicles
- Ensuring health and safety standards are met
- Overseeing recruitment for roles within your team
- You will have 8+ years of senior operations leadership experience in any operationally-intensive and team-oriented industry (e.g. Laundry/Dry Cleaning, F&B, Grocery, Manufacturing, Q Commerce, Retail, Logistics, Production etc)
- You are highly organised and process-driven, with superior time-management skills
- You have a natural ability to motivate, develop and communicate effectively with team members
- You will ideally have experience in a fast-growth working environment, with a start-up / scale-up mentality when it comes to problem solving and pace
- You are highly proactive and resourceful: you love making things happen
- You will have the ability to be relentlessly focussed on customer and client experience
- You love crunching the numbers with strong quantitative / data analysis skills
- You have fluent English, both spoken and written
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- As this is an in-person role, you are based within commuting distance of Balham, London
- Salary: £80,000 to £100,000, depending on experience
- Performance bonus based on customer satisfaction and productivity targets
- Share options
- Company Pension
- Private healthcare
- 24 days of holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Standard hours
- Dry cleaning allowance, Cycle to Work scheme, team events, and other benefits