Company: Abaton Ltd
Start date: 3rd April 2023 (or earlier)
Location: Central London office (Location TBD) with hybrid work culture
Salary: £60k - £70k plus generous share options
Abaton is a fintech/legaltech startup founded to help innovative organisations maximise value from their intangible assets (such as brands, datasets, IP, and R&D programmes).
Over 80% of value in modern businesses is now represented by intangibles, yet globally more than $1 trillion of them are underexploited. As assets that require significant legal and financial training to handle appropriately, their complexity requires expensive support from professional services firms.
Abaton is building a digital platform that will empower businesses to unlock the value of their intangible assets. By deploying an intelligent “Expert System'' within the platform that replicates elements of support usually provided by external consultants and lawyers, our clients will have a much clearer picture of the assets they own and how best to manage them. Abaton’s platform will then connect them to our ecosystem of world-leading experts and innovative sources of finance that will give them a real advantage in the modern knowledge economy. .
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Product to establish and lead our in-house Product capabilities as a key member of our Leadership team.
Part Product Manager, part UI/UX Designer, you will lead the product design activities of our team, ensuring that we build a platform that delights our users and adds real value to their work.
An element of the role will be design leadership on an Innovate UK project that will be delivered in collaboration with the University of Strathclyde’s Dr Viktor Dörfler, a Knowledge Engineering specialist. Viktor will provide advice and guidance into the process of knowledge acquisition and construction of the knowledge base that will power our platform.
- Using our prototype to ship a first product by July 2023
- Hiring, leading and growing our Product Design team
- Representing the Product Design team in Management and Board meetings
- Representing Abaton externally to users, partners, and investors
- Work closely with our CTO to manage our technology roadmap
- Must be UK based
- Proven experience in shipping great digital B2B products
- Exceptional communication and design skills
- Versatility across product management and UI/UX design
- Interested in problems of a business, legal and financial nature (such as understanding and protecting IP, valuation techniques, and innovative financial instruments).
- Experience with IP and intangible assets is a bonus, but not essential. However, a strong motivation to learn is crucial.
- Leadership: Lead and manage a product development team and culture, setting goals and objectives and ensuring that the team is aligned with the company's overall vision and mission.
- Strategic thinking: Think strategically and make decisions that align with the company's overall vision and mission.
- Customer-focused: Deep understanding of the customer, their needs, and the market, and the ability to use that understanding to guide product development decisions.
- Problem-solving: Identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently, and to think creatively to find innovative solutions.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including investors, customers, and team members.
- Project management: Manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability: Adapt to changes in the business landscape and pivot as needed to stay competitive.
- Business acumen: Strong understanding of the business and the ability to make decisions that drive revenue and growth.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Think like an entrepreneur and identify new opportunities for the business.
- Visionary: See the big picture and have a clear vision for the future of the product and the company.
- Product design: Experience in product design and development, including knowledge of user-centred design principles and experience using tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Product management: Knowledge of product management principles and experience using tools such as Jira, Asana, or Trello to manage product development and backlogs.
- User research: Experience conducting user research, including knowledge of methods such as user interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- Data analysis: Experience analysing data to understand customer behaviour and inform product development decisions.
- Expert systems: Understanding of expert systems and experience designing products that utilise expert system technology.
- Technical understanding: Good understanding of the technical aspects of product development, including knowledge of software development, cloud computing, and data modelling.
- AI and NLP: Understanding of AI and NLP principles would be beneficial as the product will be utilising this technology.
- Design thinking: Experience with design thinking and an ability to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions to user's problems.
- Presentation and storytelling: Strong presentation and storytelling skills, to be able to articulate the product vision and strategy to stakeholders, team members, and customers.
- Continual learning: Proactively staying up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in product design, user research, and expert systems technology.
Please send your CV and cover letter via through this platform by 5pm on Tuesday 28th of February 2023, stating “Application - Head of Product” in the subject line.
No recruiters, please.