Looking for an exciting role in a fast-growing startup where your input and creativity can make a monumental difference? Look no further! DAYMADE is a team of 5 based in London and have the backing of a large and publicly listed corporate investor (ZEAL Network).
Together we are re-imagining the age-old lottery space for millennials and Generation Z audiences who value exciting and winnable prizes ranging from bucket list holidays & unforgettable experiences to lifestyle, home, beauty & eco-friendly products from a range of brands (big and small). Even better, a tree is planted for every purchase, and we are rated “Excellent” on TrustPilot.
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to take ownership of our entire tech stack. You’ll be working with our Next.js front-end, Node.js back-end and PostgreSQL database, all hosted in AWS.
After a short handover period, you’ll be the only developer in the company – so this role is perfect for you if you enjoy having a lot of responsibility and a very varied workload!
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Implementing new features, improvements for existing features & bug fixes: fairly even split between front-end and back-end
- Data analysis & reporting: writing and running PostgreSQL queries to extract and analyse data from the database
- SEO: diagnosing and resolving performance issues
- Infrastructure maintenance & improvements: reviewing metrics and errors in AWS and Sentry
- Tech support: debugging and fixing critical errors as and when they occur
You’re ideal for the job if you’re:
- Experienced in full-stack web development (3+ years)
- Knowledgable in AWS, particularly Lambda, RDS, EC2 and CloudFront
- Familiar with Git and GitHub
- Able to implement new features and troubleshoot bugs rapidly
- Good at taking the initiative and working solo
- Keen to take on full responsibility for every part of the stack
- An eye for design in order to achieve a good UI
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work unsupervised
- Natural problem solver who can manage multiple tasks at the same time
Nice to haves:
- Experience in iOS or Android app development
- Experience in writing end-to-end tests, e.g. Cypress
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other analytics tools
- Real startup experience; responsibility, ownership & fast growth
- An open platform for your creativity and initiatives
- A friendly and fun work environment
- A small team of creative, driven and supportive individuals who respect each other and love a laugh - all in the their 20’s and 30’s (3 male, 2 female)
- Flexible working (i.e. possibility of working remote and abroad) - if based in London, we meet once per week in Spaces for an office day
- Participation in our stock option scheme