Filter by category
Filter by type
Full-Stack Developer at Connect Earth Ltdgo back to Developer Jobs
- ₤60,000 a year
- ₤60,000 a year
Founded in 2021, Connect Earth is a London-based environmental data company that democratises easy access to sustainability data. With our carbon tracking API technology, we are on a mission to empower people to make sustainable choices and bridge the gap between intent, knowledge and action.
We work with large financial institutions, such as KBC and Raiffeisen Bank, and support them in offering their customers transparent insight into the climate impact of their daily spending and investment decisions. Our investors include Plug and Play, Market One Capital, MSM Fund, Entrepreneur First, D2 Fund, Venista Ventures and more.
💳 Our first product is an API solution that can calculate the carbon impact of any purchase. Banks and fintech companies integrate our API to show their customers the carbon footprint of their purchases, directly in their mobile app.
🌍 We have estimated the kg CO2e for 400+ million transactions sent to our API so far.
💚 Our vision is to enrich 1 trillion data points with environmental insights by 2030.
🌱 We are looking for a talented full-stack engineer that is passionate about the environment and would like to learn more about climate change.
🌎 You will take on new responsibilities and will have the opportunity to get involved in more parts of the business as we grow. You will also benefit from a competitive equity package.
🖥 Technology skills
- React JS (Advanced)
- NodeJS (Advanced)
- AWS (Intermediate)
- Python (Intermediate)
- Preferable: Cloudformation, serverless, AWS Lambda
🏃 What you'll do
- Hands-on full-stack development in React and NodeJS building web apps and APIs that can scale with our customers to millions of calls per day
- Lead on key new product developments that will be used and loved by users to calculate and reduce their carbon emissions
- Work directly together with the CTO and our senior developers on technical architecture
- Support keeping high standards of user experiences, data security, protection and organizational processes (in compliance with SOC2)
- Support with integrations into the frontend/backend of small and large financial institutions
Desirable skills and experience
- 2-5 years of experience with React JS and NodeJS
- 2+ years working with AWS
- 1-2 years of experience with Python
- Experience building scalable APIs with NodeJS
- Experience with serverless backends e.g AWS Lambda (Preferred)
- Degree in computer science or a related subject (Preferred)
You will fit this role if you
- You have a passion for the environment and want to make an impact
- You have prior experience with full-stack development in React and NodeJS and building and maintaining scalable webapps and APIs
- You are motivated and thrive in the fast-paced startup environment
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a self-starter
- You are a team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Life at Connect Earth
At Connect Earth, we put our team culture at the forefront of everything we do. Even though we are a remote team, we have at least one quarterly team offsite, where we meet somewhere in the middle that works for everyone. We also give you the option to make use of a coworking pass if you work remotely and have methods in place internally to keep you connected to all of your colleagues.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.