Filter by category
Filter by type
Customer Service Team Manager at Chipgo back to Customer Support Jobs
- ₤29,000 - ₤36,000 a year
- ₤29,000 - ₤36,000 a year
As a Customer Service Team Manager, you will be reporting directly to the VP of Customer Service and you get to be the captain of the customer satisfaction ship! You'll lead a team of superstars who are dedicated to making our customers happy and ensuring they have a fantastic experience.
You will always ensure both a quick and high-quality service is being consistently delivered across the team. You will be a product expert who can support both the team and our customers and is always looking for ways of improving the customer service experience.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be a mixture of operational duties and direct line management of the team. Close collaboration will be required to ensure consistency across management styles, processes, and delivery of the future vision & direction of the CS function.
You'll get to dive deep into customer feedback and data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement, and use your creative problem-solving skills to find solutions that will delight our customers.
All in all, you'll get to be the hero of the customer service team, making a positive impact on our customer's lives every day. Plus, you'll have a fun and dynamic work environment where no two days are ever the same. So if you're up for the challenge of leading a team to customer service greatness, this could be the job for you!
What you can expect to be doing:
- People management responsibilities
- Leading & motivating the team
- Managing probation reviews
- Weekly/monthly 1-2-1’s
- Reviews & personal OKR’s
- Quality assurance
- Identifying areas for improvement & progression/development
- Health & wellbeing
- Performance Management
Operational management responsibilities
- Managing the rota, covering sickness, organising OOH cover such as bank holidays and managing leave requests across the team. Always taking a risk-based approach considering the impact on business & customer
- Data collection to help drive performance and enhance the customer experience
- Bug reporting and updating
- Supporting the team with complex customer enquiries
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of all work streams to ensure where possible that the team is working within SLA’s & KPI’s. Understand why targets have not been met and deliver solutions to address blockers in service delivery.
- Accountable for the additional customer experience across review sites, complaints, KYC & fraud
- Considering alternative ways of working & operational efficiencies to provide a better customer journey
- Ensuring all aspects of compliance are adhered to
- Responding to real- changes in customer demand to reduce any potential impact on service delivery
- Dealing with escalated customer enquiries
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
- Experience working in a startup or fintech is desirable
- Strong people management experience
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Experience in working to and delivering targets & KPI’s
- An ability to take ownership of customer issue
- Previous exposure to managing & motivating a team remotely
- Involvement in setting a clear mission and deploying strategies focused on delivery
- Experience in providing high-level customer support
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking
- Strong communication & negotiating skills
Someone with a genuine interest in Chip and is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and our mission to build the investment super app of the future.
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current customer services team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise, you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear on what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages, we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and the ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £29,000 - £36,000 per annum
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Free ChipX subscription for UK-based employees
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (but policy not to count) ✈️
- Annual £1500 Personal Learning Allowance
- Chip Fitness Benefit to suit your Mental/Physical Wellbeing
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high-growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview Process: 📖
- Video interview with our Head of Talent
- Short take-home test - you will be given a scenario to prepare and present at your next interview
- Final interview with the hiring manager & Head of People
Our mission is to make our customers wealthier.
We’re building the investment super app of the future. An app to build your long-term wealth across real-world assets, investment funds, DeFi & crypto, and savings accounts.
We use technology to break down barriers so users can invest like the ultra-wealthy, giving them one simple place to manage their wealth.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 23,000 investors and a huge community of Chip users.
A global borderless digital wealth management platform that enables everyone to build wealth for their future.
Is to enable the world's adults to build a wealthier tomorrow. We do this by democratising access to investment opportunities across real assets and investment funds, as well as risk-free savings accounts. This changes the world because wealth creates choices and the opportunity to live our best lives.
Everything you do matters, Care about the end result, Challenge the norm, Disagree, yet commit to making it happen once a decision has been made, Do the best job possible
Share our Ambition and do your bit to achieve it, Innovate: challenge the norm, break the mould and make it happen, Set goals that truly align with our mission, Do your best for our customers
Work cross-functionally - we win as a team, Build strong relationships based on trust, Treat others fairly and respectfully, Hold others to account, Be supportive and inclusive, Have fun together
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.