Filter by category
Filter by type
CASS Operations Associate at Seedrs Limitedgo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.3B invested into campaigns and more than 1900 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
As an innovative investment platform, our clients’ money and assets are at the heart of everything we do. This is an exciting operational role that supports our Operations teams in ensuring Seedrs complies with the FCA’s Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS) so that we are able to provide our investors with the best possible protection when investing with us.
This is a varied role that reports into our Finance Operations Manager with a direct link to the CASS Oversight Officer and connecting with multiple aspects of the way our business provides its services.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Perform daily and monthly client money reconciliations
- Perform client asset reconciliations
- Work closely with our Finance Team to investigate any identified discrepancies and work to resolve them as quickly as possible.
- Maintain relevant registers and documents
- Work alongside relevant teams to complete root cause analysis on CASS breaches
- Provide support on internal and external audits
- Provide support on physical asset reconciliation
- Look to identify opportunities for improving our CASS systems and controls as the business grows
Management & reporting:
- Prepare the monthly CMAR for senior manager approval and submission
- Prepare third party due diligence reviews for CASS manager review
- Ensure annual review of CASS policies and procedures for CASS manager review
- Prepare the necessary Board or Committee material on a regular basis
Who we’re looking for
- A self-starter and a problem-solver - we want you to be able to use your initiative to improve inefficiencies in our CASS systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and comfortable working with numbers, you’re definitely not afraid of spreadsheets.
- Someone who is detail-oriented and able to deliver tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Fluent in English and strong communication skills.
- Someone with a genuine interest in the industry.
- Adaptive to a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you will be able to manage your own time, and work on a number of tasks.
- You are driven and unafraid to take one new challenges
- Some knowledge and understanding of the FCA’s CASS requirements is desirable but not essential.
- 30 minute screening call with our Hiring team
- 1 hour interview with two members of the CASS team, including a technical assessment.
- Final interview: 45 minute interview with a senior director of the team and a culture interview held by the People Team.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary and Employee Share Options.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (with the option to swap UK Bank Holidays to celebrate other cultural/religious holidays).
- Loyalty days, and Flexi Fridays (fancy finishing early on the weekend?)
- CSR days, organised charity days.
- Annual Personal Wellness allowance, we care about your wellbeing!
- Annual Individual Learning & Development budget, with regular professional development/career conversations.
- Fully funded Private Medical Insurance & Employee Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance and Income Protection.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Quarterly Lunch and learn sessions.
- Company offsites and Quarterly team socials.
- A great office with free fruit, coffee and Monday breakfast spreads! Monthly cheese & wine night, soft/non alcoholic drinks also available.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.