Filter by category
Filter by type
Performance Marketing Manager at FutureLearn Ltdgo back to Marketing Jobs
FutureLearn operates a Remote First working practice. A hybrid approach where home is likely to be where you'll spend most of your working time, but you will need to attend our London offices for relevant meetings, engage with and support colleagues.
For over 15 million learners, FutureLearn is the gateway to high-quality lifelong learning – something we’re truly passionate about in our mission to transform access to education. Partnering with over 260 international educational institutions and businesses, we up-skill learners and fire up their creativity, interest – and, of course, their CVs! – with our online courses. We’re building a connected, collaborative, global community where learning is available for all. We’re on the cusp of emerging from a plucky EdTech start-up into a truly transformational business, with meaty goals for the next five years. You could help us achieve those goals, working in a dynamic environment and with a truly passionate team.What’s the opportunity?
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious Performance Marketing Manager with a mix of paid and affiliate experience, to drive forward our digital performance channels.
As Performance Marketing Manager you’ll have both Paid Media (Paid Search, Paid Social & Display) experience, alongside have worked in or be interested to expand in Affiliates and Social Media also. It’s a broad role, but the primary focus of the role will be on Paid Media channels. We are in a real test and learn phase, and so it’s a great time to come in to help expand the account and hit new targets within this remit.
You’ll work alongside the Head of Digital to cement the performance channel strategies, and lead on the roadmap and implementation, delivering scaled growth, profitably. This role would therefore suit someone with 3+ years of experience in a performance role, with clear paid media experience.
You’ll be great at numbers, analysing data sets and presenting trade numbers in a visual format, with clear understanding as to the trends and insights. Reporting will be key, and presenting those campaign successes, insights and numbers clearly as to gain trust from internal stakeholders. The pace at FutureLearn is fast and our business is constantly evolving, giving you the opportunity to really make an impact on the performance channels from the off.
Meet the team:
This Performance Marketing Manager role sits within the Marketing team, reporting into the Head of Digital. We are a vibrant, fun and friendly in-house marketing team covering all core functions, and dedicated to moving the dial on FutureLearn’s B2C and B2B growth ambitions.
It’s important this role must be able to commute into London for key monthly meetings as required, whilst happy to work remotely or from our central London offices for the rest of their time.
We partner with a performance agency, acting as an extension to the team, who you’ll manage directly, working alongside the Head of Digital. We have an internal Digital Executive who would be working closely with this role on key projects and day to day tasks as needed to support and bounce ideas together.What does success look like?
A strong paid media background
- Confidently and clearly communicating paid media overall performance and individual campaign updates, to different audiences as required.
- Communicating daily with our performance agency to conduct daily optimisations of live campaigns, making proactive recommendations to ensure they are hitting performance targets.
- Performing detailed paid media audits, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Conducting AB tests to better understand our audience and recommending different options to trial to advance our creative iteration framework.
- Briefing technical paid work required into the Product team confidently, with estimates on impact to support prioritisation.
- Developing the roadmap with the Head of Digital to ensure it’s aligned with our Marketing strategy and key digital objectives.
- Proactively keeping up-to-date with the latest technology trends and advances in digital marketing capabilities.
A growth mindset
- Working with the Head of Digital on quarterly OKRs and roadmaps that align with the digital growth strategy and channel direction.
- Educating and inspiring the wider business on Paid Media and Affiliate best practice and processes, alongside championing and testing new ways to drive quality traffic through these channels.
- Well versed in different attribution methodologies and has had previous experience with different audience based bidding strategies.
- Supporting our Digital Executive with new learning opportunities across the full digital channel spectrum.
- Researching the competitive landscape, different portfolio areas and trends within our industry to drive internal insights and new opportunities from a performance perspective.
- Working with the SEO Manager to align organic and paid strategies, whilst also working on a UX workflow to improve landing page conversion through testing.
- Briefing in campaigns to our internal Creative Studio team, with attention to detail on specs required and feeding learnings from past campaigns into the team to action.
- Maintain expertise on paid media and affiliate trends and industry updates.
- Regular reporting and dashboard creation and a key stakeholder as part of our weekly trading process.
- 3-5 years Paid Media experience, with a strong understanding of Paid Search, Paid Social and Display.
- Experience in Paid Social across Meta (Facebook and Instagram) is essential, and advantageous if you’ve had experience on other channels such as LinkedIn, TikTok, Quora and Influencers previously.
- Experience in or interested to grow into affiliate and social media channels, eager to learn more and trial new concepts.
- Hands-on experience of paid media and affiliate tools including Google Ads, GTM, Campaign Manager and Rakuten.
- Experience of using further tools and software such as Looker and GA4 preferred for reporting purposes.
- Demonstrable experience in running multiple campaigns internationally with a focus on profitability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong time management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and maintain strong relationships across different departments.
- Highly numerate and confident at analysing large data sets.
- Experience working as part of a global business is a plus.
- 28 days of Annual Leave plus UK Public Holidays
- Roll over up to 5 days Holiday
- Buy and Sell up to 5 days Holiday
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Personal ‘recharge’ days, no questions asked
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charity work – 1 day dedicated to a charity of your choice
- Calm Premium Subscription
Ready to go for it? Click 'Apply for this job' below, include your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to become a FutureLearner, and how you’ll nail this role.Recruitment Process
Please contact email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made to support you through the recruitment process.Diversity Statement
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work – At FutureLearn we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We can't wait to meet you! #FutureLearnCareers
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.