Filter by category
Filter by type
Head of Data Science (Computational Biology) at Crossrgo back to Data and Product Jobs
- ₤40,000 - ₤45,000 a year
- ₤40,000 - ₤45,000 a year
At Crossr we’re building the data environment for virtual cells, tissues and organisms, an end-to-end operating system that handles data ingestion, visualisation and analysis for computational biology. Infrastructure for the future of drug discovery, today.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to build something meaningful to be our third team member and Head of Data Science (Computational Biology)
Why should you consider this role?
- You’ll be driving forward the precision medicine revolution developing solutions that pharma and biotech scientists use to identify drug targets and understand disease mechanisms, benefitting millions across the globe.
- You’ll have the opportunity to build and own the data science capability of the company from its earliest stage
- You’ll gain exposure to the work of our industry customers as well as build cutting edge data and machine learning applications
- You’ll experience the upsides of joining an early-stage company (such as company/ equity growth, accelerators such as KQ Labs) as well as tangible customers and use cases.
- You’ll join a team who are passionate, and have a fun and relaxed work environment with opportunities to travel for conferences and networking.
What will you be doing in this role?
- You’ll identify ‘omic and biomedical datasets and develop a suite of algorithms (e.g. graph analytics, causal reasoning, machine learning) for integration into the product
- You’ll develop user interface elements that allow users to explore data and run algorithms with exceptional clarity and speed
- Through live projects and customer deployments, you’ll gather and interpret input and feedback to shape the product strategy
- You’ll contribute thought leadership to communicate the work that you’re doing and build your own and the company's brand.
- You’ll help build and refine our go-to-market strategy, including identifying potential customers, key contacts and routes to these contacts
The ideal fit for this role will have:
- 4+ years of experience in a field related to computational biology, dealing with ‘omic and biomedical data and data science. PhD with industry experience is preferred but not essential, the desire to build something amazing is more important
- An understanding of how to handle network/ knowledge graph data as well as the infrastructure required (tools such as neo4j) and a strong belief in its future potential to support drug discovery.
- Proficiency in Python/ R and experience in or desire to build production-grade pipelines.
- A strong belief in and the ability to articulate the commercial application of software, data and algorithms in drug discovery
- Experience in product development developing and implementing product requirements
- Desire to build/grow a company, desire to make an impact on society, a team player, commercial and customer focussed
You need to be logged in to apply. Login or create an account.
Is this job ad fake? Report it!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.