Filter by category
Filter by type
Internal Controls Analyst at Monzogo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.About our Finance Team: We're looking for a highly proactive, enthusiastic Internal Controls Analyst. We have some really exciting challenges coming up like helping Monzo make sure its controls and processes are IPO ready. You will also be driving control analytics and root cause analysis, helping recommend process improvements to the Bank and working cross functionally to really add value to the internal controls framework. You’ll work on helping monitor and improve controls, perform process walkthroughs, support internal and external audits on controls validation and help design effective controls performance reporting. You’ll join the Finance team and report to our Internal Controls Manager. Your day-to-day
You’ll be responsible for:
- Helping develop, embed and maintain a scalable financial control framework across Monzo that covers our financial and regulatory reporting
- Coordinating reports to management on the effectiveness of the financial control framework
- Giving guidance and support to the business to help make sure we have an appropriate control environment in place
- Performing deep dives and reviews to evaluate and improve Monzo’s first line financial control environment
- Helping deliver strategic projects (e.g. transition to a controls based audit) within Finance that help build and drive financial capabilities
- Working with engineers to automate or enhance recurring processes
- You are a qualified Accountant or working towards qualification with experience working in Internal controls or Internal audit Big 4 or similar
- You have prior banking experience within Regulatory Reporting (and preferably Treasury!)
- You have a great eye for detail
- You’re fascinated by the banking and regulatory landscape, and have a good understanding of key financial and regulatory reporting controls
- You’re a self-starter and enjoy tackling what needs doing, whether it’s making a bank transfer or pulling together reports for investors
- You’re comfortable translating complex information into simple words for people with diverse backgrounds
- You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- 30 mins phone call with a recruiter
- An initial call with someone from the team
- 2-3 interviews remotely via hangouts
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.comWhat’s in it for you:
This role is based in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.