Filter by category
Filter by type
Senior Web Designer at OpenRentgo back to Designer Jobs
- ₤75,000 - ₤100,000 a year
- ₤75,000 - ₤100,000 a year
We are looking for a front-end web designer / "hacker" / UX expert - someone who can turn our technical solutions into a simple to use and beautiful end user experience. This requires someone passionate about solving real-world problems.
As a senior web designer, you'll be expected to be an expert in web design and development and help lead the team in best practices and future direction.
You will be joining a small, focused team of problem solvers, working directly with our tech-focused founders. That means a company that understands programmers, and knows how to deliver quality software. Being a small team means we can move quickly, and get lots done.
With a ban on admin fees, and a focus on fairness, OpenRent is a force for good in an industry often tarnished by rip-off agencies. With an unrelenting focus on technology, we now let more properties than any other agency in the UK. Operating nationwide, there are over 5.2 million OpenRenters - with tens of millions renting in the UK (and many more abroad!) the opportunity is huge and we continue to grow rapidly, breaking new records every month.
OpenRent is very much of the startup mindset, a close-knit team looking for stellar growth and to transform an industry. When you make a change to the OpenRent code base, you're affecting the real lives of millions of tenants and landlords across the UK - this is a job with a big impact, and big reward.
About The Role
We expect everyone at OpenRent to have a good understanding of product, dive into customer development issues, and come up with simple / novel / unique (whatever fits the requirement) solutions to the problems our users face every day. We're revolutionising the lettings industry, and it takes constant creative thinking and problem solving to do that effectively.
As a web designer, you'll be expected to turn these solutions into workable products, and not only deliver on the promise of turning a problem into a solution, but into something that seems obvious once it becomes used by millions of people nationwide. Careful user-experience based design is what has turned this company into a national brand, and you'll be responsible for dramatically iterating our current processes and designs, as well as developing the feel for our new products.
Before OpenRent, it was normal to rent a property by visiting the high street, signing paperwork in an office, and paying crazy high fees - not so any more - and now we're working on re-shaping the industry so that in 5 years it's barely recognisable from where we are today.
- Core hire into our development team
- Design / UX competency required
- HTML / CSS / SCSS skills required
- Solid understanding of browser rendering in both desktop and mobile
- C# competency is a plus, but not necessary
- 5+ years experience
- Opportunity to craft a role to fit your ambition, and make company wide decisions
- Dedicated to the cause of dramatically improving the rental market
- Work alongside supportive, high-performing colleagues
- Monthly team social events
- Weekly team lunches
- 24 days holiday per year
- Company pension
- Health Insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Free office drinks + snacks
- Weekly yoga sessions
- In-office massage
- Annual company away weekend
- Sociable office in the heart of Brixton with ping pong, pool, table football, and roof terrace
- £250 annual Learning Budget for professional or personal development
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- Build your own machine (if desired!)
- The genuine ability to add to this list...
- Location: London
- Working hours: Full Time
- Salary: £75k – £100k+ (upper limit negotiable based on experience)
- Equity: 0.00% - 0.25%
- Bonus: Paid Quarterly
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.