Filter by category
Filter by type
Creative Coding and Robotics Teacher (Half-term and holiday camps, Cambridge) at Blueshift Educationgo back to People and Other Jobs
Rates starting at:
- Online: £24 - £35 per hour session
- In Person Holiday Camps: £100+ per camps day
(These rates will increase regularly depending on your performance and length of service!)
- Online: Anywhere (taught in GMT time zone)
- In Person: Cambridge
Start Dates: April 2023
Hours: Part-time, flexible work schedule
We are currently focusing on finding an enthusiastic coding and robotics teacher for our upcoming April and Summer camps in Cambridge for children between age 7 and 14. No coding experience is required for this role – we’ll set you up with the resources you will need to teach your classes.
In addition to holiday camps, we also run a private tutoring programme throughout the year. Therefore, you will have opportunities to take on additional teaching quite flexibly during term time as well as school holidays. Our camps run from 9:30am-4:30pm during school holiday times.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing for and leading lessons and activities
- Checking and preparing equipment
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children
- Completing admin tasks that are required (student reports, lesson feedback forms, etc.)
- Communicating with office staff and parents
We are looking for individuals who are confident and get excited about leading courses for young learners. Our clubs and camps are educational but also super fun, therefore you need to be an enthusiastic educator who is confident presenting to and interacting with your class.
You’re friendly, supportive, and great with kids. Even if you haven’t worked with children much before, you have a thoughtful, can-do attitude to identify things they find stimulating, and understanding the things they find frustrating. You’re a natural problem solver and have a mature attitude to deal with unexpected issues when they arise! You’re also a great written and verbal communicator and work well in small teams.
You should have an interest in technology, and a readiness to learn. We have training resources and lesson materials available, so you will be able to learn all of the coding skills you need. Your ability to engage with the kids and lead engaging lessons is what matters most!
You should apply if you have:
- An interest in Education and technology
- Enthusiasm and confidence in leading fun activities for children
- Previous experience working with children (desired)
A little bit about BlueShift Education
We are the premier go-to resource for London schools and parents, providing coding clubs, camps and online classes for creative and curious children aged 5 to 14. Our mission: empowering students with the tools of technology to become “makers” and to spark an understanding of how they can shape their future world.
We are a young, dynamic company based in West London. We have a dedicated community of 30+ teachers that we connect to parents, schools and children.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours to fit around studies or other work
- We provide and pay for your DBS certificate and school-specific vetting
- Teacher socials (Eg. Bowling, Quizzes etc)
- All necessary equipment and lesson plans provided
- Training resources and workshops
- Teacher referral scheme
- Great experience in a fast-growing EdTech startup
- Experience working in a variety of schools
- Travel time included in standard rates
- Joining a community of like-minded educators
Please send us a CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.