Filter by category
Filter by type
User Researcher, Fixed Term Contract at Monzogo back to Designer Jobs
London | 3 month FTC - £500 per day (flexible)
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
We’re looking for a Senior/Lead User Researcher who can help define our international expansion strategy by leading our research efforts. This entails working closely with a small working group to help identify and prioritise the most impactful research questions, and generating insights by defining and executing a range of qualitative and quantitative methods.
At Monzo, our mission is to make money work for everyone. We’re building a bank for and with our users. A product that’s fair, transparent and a pleasure to use. As we pave the way for the future of banking, we need a deeper understanding of the problems potential customers outside of the UK have, and how we solve them. That’s where you come in.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from underrepresented demographics.
What you’ll be working on:
- Work closely with - and independently lead the research for - a small working group made up primarily of Product & Special Projects folks
- Help us identify the highest impact insights we need to capture, and build a framework for thinking about this challenge strategically
- Suggest the most appropriate research methods to use so we’re capturing the right insights that will allow us to meet the needs of users outside of the UK
- Trade-off different implementation paths and make impact-driven recommendations based on your insights
- Plan and run qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, diary studies remote and in-person concept testing and usability studies for existing and future products.
- Identify actionable insights using quantitative methods such as large scale surveys across multiple geographies, and use basic statistical concepts to ensure findings are robust. Work closely with data scientists to build actionable insights from these findings.
- Evaluate and explore information architecture, using tree-tests, card-sorts and whatever other methods are appropriate
- Collaborate closely with our analytics, marketing & commercial teams to make sure our qualitative insights are also enhanced by robust quantitative analysis whenever possible, and run some basic quantitative analysis yourself
- Mentor and train Product Managers and Product Designers to run their own lightweight "disposable" research, freeing you up to do the high-impact work.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means ranging from presentations, workshops, reports or whatever mechanism gets the insights into our decision-making.
- Work closely with our Research Operations lead, and directly scope and set up new systems that will allow us to do research in multiple geographies - both directly and using external agencies
You should apply if:
- You’ve got experience conducting strategic multi-country research including a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods
- You’ve got lots of hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and when to apply them appropriately.
- You've worked in a multidisciplinary team environment before, where you've led the research and made a demonstrable impact on the direction of the product or service.
- You appreciate robust research study design, and can also consider practical constraints and business goals – you understand what 'just enough research' means.
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator. You’re able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen to and zoom into detail when needed to help solutions come to life.
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team.
- You are flexible in your approach and embrace a challenge; you might need to come up with new ways of answering research questions quickly.
- You’re familiar with quantitative research and understand how user research interacts with commercial data points in making the best decisions
- You thrive in ambiguity and can bring a structured research approach to ambiguous problem areas
- You can self-identify the highest impact things to work on, pursue them and influence product strategy as a result.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
You don’t need to, but it’s even better if:
- You have some experience in financial services
- You have some experience using statistical methods such as maxdiffs or conjoint analysis
- You have some experience in market research methods
- You are able to conduct research in another language other than English
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Initial call with a Monzo Recruiter (15 min)
- Case study & research craft with 1-2 people from the Monzo User Research team (45 mins)
- Teamwork & impact with 1-2 non-researchers from the project you’ll be focusing on (45 mins)
Our average process takes around 2 weeks but we will always work around your availability.
What’s in it for you:
Our preference is hybrid working (2 days a week) in our London office
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.