Filter by category
Filter by type
Account Executive - Events at Hire Spacego back to Sales Jobs
- ₤27,000 - ₤37,000 a year
- ₤27,000 - ₤37,000 a year
About Hire Space
Hire Space is a leader and pioneer in event technology, both in the UK and globally. We are at the forefront of a vibrant and fast-changing industry that is seeing a renaissance since the pandemic as companies seek to bring people together.
We operate the UK’s largest venue marketplace, which hosts over 6,000 venues and is used by over 2 million event planners each year. Our clients include Google, Facebook, Red Bull, MAC Cosmetics, UNICEF, and Dr. Martens. Separate to the online marketplace, our technology and team also power the global event functions at a number of well-known companies.
In addition to our well-known technology and expertise in venue finding, we have built a reputation for delivering world-class events both in-person and online through our own event platform, Arena.
As the event industry ramps back up, this role will lead the delivery of outstanding events across a variety of formats for our most prestigious clients.
For a glimpse of what a day in the life or one of the Hire Space sales team looks like, have a read of this blog post "A day in the life of the Hire Space Sales Team", written by one of our Account Executives.
As an Account Executive you engage with qualified leads to sell the portfolio of Hire Space Services with a keen focus on closing an ongoing Hire Space 360 contract to ensure long term relationship with the customer.
You’ll exemplify great sales practice to close deals to optimise revenue from the leads that you are attributed. Once signed you’ll ensure that these clients are retained through a perfect handoff to the relationship management team, and that they are happy with the initial contracted service.
You’ll proactively increase your customer signature rate by demonstrating sales best practice through your high level of industry and product knowledge, and your ability to build valuable relationships quickly.
You are naturally curious; a hunter who will jump on every lead, thinking outside the box to deliver the needs of the client. Every interaction is an opportunity for you to find out more about your contact, their company and how they book events. You’ll use this to sign Hire Space 360 agreements between Hire Space and the client.
You’ll help maintain a positive culture of excellence and achievement for new Hire Space joiners and play a fundamental role in achieving the Client Services team mission.
You’ll be an ambassador for Hire Space in the industry representing Hire Space at events and building a network of relationships with venues, suppliers and clients. You’ll demonstrate the Hire Space values at all times in your interactions with our venues and clients.
- Turn one-off event or software enquiries into companies committing their event spend to Hire Space via Hire Space 360 agreements. Hire Space 360 is our subscription service for businesses.
- Offer an amazing welcome to new corporate clients, responding to sales enquiries and using discovery skills to grow those opportunities
- Use your network and intuition to create fantastic sales opportunities of your own
- Become an expert in all Hire Space client services:
- In-person events: Venue finding, arranging site visits, liaising with Hire Space Venue Associates & with the venue directly
- Virtual Events: Sell virtual event software including our own platform “Arena”, Virtual & Live event management and Live streaming
- Hire Space 360: your ultimate goal as an Account Executive is to turn these sales opportunities into accounts with committed spend
- Keeping CRM up to date throughout the interaction with the customer to enable a perfect handover to the Event Manager when signed
- Be ambassadors for Hire Space in the events industry. Maintaining a high level of industry knowledge, industry trends, venue knowledge, events knowledge
- Maintain ability to demo the breadth of our technology as it and the markets evolve
- Actively participate and contribute. We are a growing business and all our best ideas come from the team! You will get great opportunities to make your mark on the direction of various projects
You should apply if you:
- Have demonstrable sales experience with fantastic results to match and;
- Solid experience within the events industry and;
- You thrive in a culture of continuous learning and feedback.
It would be a bonus if you:
- Have experience in a role that gives you extensive knowledge of venues in London
- Have previous experience selling event technology, especially virtual event platforms or event registration
- £27-37k Salary (inc commission)
- £27,000 starting base salary
- monthly commission
- monthly bonuses for hitting targets
- end of year bonus pool
- High performers take home £45k+
- Generous EMI share option scheme
- 4 weeks Company Paid Sick Leave
- Mental Health Leave
- Work.Life passes for various locations around London
- 31 days holiday allowance with additional for long service
- 3pm Friday finishes during BST, average working hours of 36 per week over the year
- Tech and Cycle Schemes
- Access to the wellbeing Platform Juno where you're able to use your points for various great wellbeing perks!
- Exceptional maternity and paternity benefits
- Regular team socials and monthly team lunches
- Bespoke professional development plans with regular growth opportunities
- £200 Home office spending allowance
- Regular free nights out in London's most exciting venues
- Access to free Independent wellbeing coaching and therapy sessions as part of our Mental Health initiatives
This is a hybrid remote / in-person role. You will be required to work from our Central London office location from time to time, and this allocation may change over time. You should always be somewhere that operates on UK time.
Our client base is predominantly in London and it is important that you are able to visit venues, clients and attend our away days in-person. You can usually expect to be in/around London on average 3 days per week, managing your own diary as appropriate.
Equal Opportunities Statement
At Hire Space, we embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.