Filter by category
Filter by type
Lead Backend Ruby Developer at PassEntrygo back to Developer Jobs
- ₤55,500 - ₤70,000 a year
- ₤55,500 - ₤70,000 a year
PassEntry is the global digital pass issuance company that bridges the gap between your physical wallet and your digital wallet, connecting you to things that matter.
We will do this via our open API platform allowing developers to integrate our technology for their own use cases.
In the words of Bob Dylan… "The Times, They Are A-Changin"
Formed by Nico Cary and Josh Shepherd with the mission to disrupt access control as we know it using Near Field Communication (NFC), double tap the side of your phone to access your wallet, see that pass that just popped up? That’s us.
Now think about how much more convenient your life could be if you had other data available that you could share instantly instead of just your credit card info. Tickets, hotel keys, office entry, gym passes and loyalty cards.
We’re looking for an all-star developer that is passionate about building software that will disrupt and make positive change:
- Excited to join an early stage startup and solve a lot of problems that can’t be easily Googled.
- Full of energy and good vibes.
- Never tired of learning.
- Wants to be a pro in bleeding edge tech.
- Highly ambitious
- Comfortable working in a chaotic environment, can work autonomously and take ownership.
- Shipping quality software at speed, with an MVP-first mindset.
- You’ll be one of the first hires, working closely and reporting to our technical co-founder and will impact the product roadmap.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, spanning both the frontend and backend stacks.
- A good conceptual understanding of full stack software development including restful API'S, system architecture, web serving infrastructure, and database design.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails and willing to learn new technologies.
- Some experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, like Postgres, MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and Github experience.
- Ability to write high quality, well tested, production level code.
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business.
- Experience deploying applications to production on Heroku.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Architect and develop highly scalable software applications
- Develop on the Apple and Google wallet infrastructure
- Build, and ship new features from scratch;
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production;
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish;
- Build RESTful APIs.
📈 Stock options ⏰ Hybrid 3 days a week 🏥 Health Insurance 🖥️ Office space in Waterloo, London
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.