Filter by category
Filter by type
Senior Operations Manager at Housekeepgo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
Housekeep is the UK’s biggest technology platform connecting clients and cleaners in the £5 billion house cleaning market. We help clients find great local cleaners and assist those cleaners with finding dense local customer routes, thereby maximising their earnings and saving travel costs.
Housekeep has built a strong foundation in the first five years. We're the UK market leader, 3X bigger than the nearest competitor and have delivered 1,000,000+ cleans at a 4.9* average rating. We've reached substantial turnover, profitability and are growing at 40% each year - indeed, we’ve been ranked in the ‘Top 1000 Growing Companies in Europe’ by the by the Financial Times for three years running.
Why We Need You
Our ambitions are much bigger than winning in a single vertical of cleaning. We've built a platform from which we can not only tackle the £5B home cleaning market, but from which we can also address the £10B commercial cleaning market and the £40B tradespeople market. We have the market opportunity to build a category winner and to own the home in the coming years, delivering not only a big business but also enormous strategic value. Better still, we have already made real promising starts in each of these new services. There’s real scope to build a business worth £1B+; our job is to deliver it.
We know that slick efficient operations are at the heart of our business. We want you to help tie our demand and supply together, ensuring we deliver a great service every time. You’ll do that by being smart, commercially-savvy and customer and operationally-minded. We believe this can be a career-defining role for you and you can add enormous business value to us.
We are looking for a senior operations manager who will work across our Housekeepers, operations and new services teams. You’ll be responsible for ensuring we onboard and retain a high quality service provider base and growing our new service lines. You’ll do that through a combination of people – leading and developing your teams – and through your work.
We see four components to the role:
First, you’ll drive our Housekeeper experience. This will include:
- Being a Housekeeper champion and building on our cleaner-first culture
- Support the planning of and delivery of the Housekeeper strategy: onboard great Housekeepers; improve Housekeeper performance; reduce churn
- Improving the Housekeeper experience, thereby increasing lifetime value
Second, you will be responsible for delivering improvements to our cleaning operations. This will include:
- Ensuring our marketplace works, by ensuring we have the right amount of high quality supply in the right locations
- Driving service improvements through technology, processes or people
- Driving quality and efficiency improvements through customer service (e.g. Zendesk)
Third, you will be responsible for leading operations in tradespeople. This will include:
- Growing tradespeople volumes
- Supporting our thinking on strategy, proposition and product
- Owning operational delivery, including setting goals, measuring KPIs and driving actions
- Owning day-to-day performance and management, and improving our analytics and reporting
- Driving quality and efficiency improvements
Finally, you will line manage the 10-strong customer service and operations teams in these areas, This will include:
- Leading, scaling & managing the team leads
- Coaching & upskilling all team members
- Managing the team through periods of growth and dealing with escalations
- Building scalable delivery through automation, processes & training
- Setting goals and owning your team’s performance. You’ll raise the bar and drive team performance.
- Overseeing HR processes, including weekly 121s, performance reviews and probation reviews
This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of a critical part of our business and to take responsibility for scaling the operational function across service providers and new services. You will have:
- Ability to both think strategically and get hands-on with delivery
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptionally high standards & attention-to-detail
- High levels of motivation and the ability to operate independently
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and retain a top tier team
- Ability to resolve a wide variety of issues
- Good understanding of product and technology
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- The desire to learn and improve everyday
Your personal approach will be to:
- Think big – be able to conceptualise large, disruptive opportunities
- Research, test, analyse, learn, iterate – using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Prioritise – sequence projects and understand value versus cost
- Act urgently – driving rapid change
- Execute – with a focus on output
- Simplify - 80-20
- Communicate – make a case that is impossible to refute or ignore
- Understand technology – to drive growth, scalability and efficiency
- Be obsessive about improving the business every day
- Set extremely high standards
It is a bonus if you have experience working with marketplaces or service industries.
You’ll be reporting directly to our Head of Operations and working with other Senior managers helping to set and deliver Housekeep’s strategy. You’ll be based in our office in Clerkenwell EC1.
Package & process
We’ll pay a market-leading salary with scope for equity incentives.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
- A brief cover letter
- Your CV
We looking forward to hearing from you.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.