Filter by category
Filter by type
Communications Manager at Stotlesgo back to Marketing Jobs
- ₤35,000 - ₤45,000 a year
- ₤35,000 - ₤45,000 a year
It's go time at Stotles. Here's why we're looking for you.
We operate in a sector ripe for technological improvement. Our market is hungry for change. And we’ve only touched the surface of our growth potential.
We’re hiring a highly motivated, creative and strategic individual to support the commercial team with external communication channels to ensure we have a 360° approach to growth.
You’ll be joining a group of curious, strategic professionals who are eager to experiment and test in any direction necessary to ensure our growth.
We have big plans for 2023 so we need somebody excited by the opportunity and ready to hit the ground running.
🔨 What You'll Do
As our new Communications Manager, you will work to raise our profile through external channels. This means you will create and implement our event strategy, PR strategy and partnership strategy to deliver impactful campaigns that drive acquisition of qualified leads.
Everyday, you will:
- Develop and deliver on our events calendar
- Coordinate and conduct our media relations
- Implement and execute on our partnership strategy
This means you will need to:
Based on our long-term growth strategy and your own research and ideas, you will create and execute effective communication campaigns. The aim of these efforts will be to build brand awareness, generate engagement, drive traffic, encourage app sign ups and ensure a positive ROI for Stotles.
Event management ~ 40%
- Research and deliver an events calendar of relevant public sector conferences, roundtables and virtual events across the UK.
- Own our presence end-to-end at these events from managing relationships with third party organisers, negotiating contracts and liaising with organisational teams.
- Create digital marketing campaigns that drive engagement, attendance, and demos booked.
- Work with sales post-event to ensure leads are captured and qualified effectively for outreach.
- Measure and report on success of each event attended and iterate going forward to ensure we’re optimising for future growth.
PR management ~ 30%
- Create our media relations strategy from scratch.
- Coordinate and conduct research on relevant publications our ideal customers would be exposed to.
- Build relationships with journalists and thought leaders and create effective media lists.
- Write content for press releases, collaborating cross functionally to ensure our external messaging is aligned with internal roadmaps.
- Stay on top of market trends and news to ensure we’re at the forefront of any major government movement.
- Measure and report on success of different media outlets and publications and make improvements as needed.
Partnership management ~ 30%
- Create and execute on our partnership strategy from scratch.
- Research and identify potential industry partners and co-marketing opportunities.
- Manage relationships with partner organisations.
- Create effective co-branded marketing content to share via partner channels.
- Experiment with what the most fruitful ‘partnership angle’ could be for Stotles.
- Measure and report on success of each partnership and iterate going forward to ensure we’re optimising for future growth.
⌨️ Who We're Looking For
- You have at least 2 years of experience in marketing, PR or event management.
- Deep understanding of how to create effective external branding campaigns across various channels including at least one of the following; events, media and partnerships.
- Experience translating complex product features into an easy-to-digest format.
- Experience organising multiple stakeholders including internal teams, media agencies, freelancers and third party organisers.
- Experience marketing in a B2B / SaaS start-up environment preferred, or experience working in an agency with a strong desire to move into the start-up space.
- Able to juggle priorities; working across multiple external channels will be challenging, but you will revel in the opportunity to drive Stotles’ impact in the wild.
- Unafraid to say, "I don't know the answer, but I have a few ideas on how we can find out".
- Able to listen, think logically and strategically to solve complex problems and keep the Stotles brand and tone of voice strong.
- Open to feedback and happy to collaborate with agencies, journalists and internal teams.
- Dependable and detail oriented; deliver on the commitments you make to the team, from the big picture results to the nuanced details.
- Strategically creative: Able to think outside of the box and come up with concepts some might deem crazy, while making sure they fit in-line with our brand.
- Detail oriented: Your work will be the first thing many people see when it comes to Stotles, so attention to detail and a meticulous eye for mistakes is essential.
- Calm and collaborative: Strong desire to collaborate with external and internal stakeholders and ability to manage their expectations to support a mutually beneficial outcome for all parties.
- Ambitiously curious: Eager to learn skills and technologies outside of your comfort zone, take on tasks that scare you, and grow into a senior leadership role at Stotles.
- Focused on impact, not output: Willing to flex across technologies and beyond this job description to solve the task at hand.
- Strong copy writer: You have a stellar command of written English; not only toward grammar and spelling but you can find a double space a mile off and effectively tell a story.
- Fast learner: You can identify emerging communications needs quickly and create effective campaigns in a limited timeframe.
- Creative thinker: You do the basics well but thrive in a place of creativity and aren’t afraid to take risks that will move Stotles’ external brand to the next level.
📆 What you'll do in a typical week
- Lead external campaigns - In order to grow, we need to be consistently launching campaigns to acquire our ideal customer profiles from all angles. Our current growth associate will lead on owned channels like social, content and email, but you will be responsible for external channels.
- Working with leadership to shape the future of Stotles - You'll work directly with the leadership of the company to focus on ways we can grow our user-base. You'll feed learnings into, and be a part of, strategic discussions that determine how Stotles evolves.
- Weekly Commercial Team meeting - we operate on weekly sprints to discuss outcomes, and plan tasks for the following week.
- Bi-weekly product meeting - discuss the latest changes to the product and roadmap. We believe everyone should have a say in the direction of the product - this is especially relevant for how we directly communicate product updates to the market.
- 1-on-1 development sessions - discuss your progress and career goals as well as us having the chance to give us feedback on how you're finding Stotles life
- Physical & mental wellbeing - whether it's going to the gym, meditating, or anything else you might spend your wellbeing allowance on!
- Social Opportunities - we're a hybrid team so organise in-person team chills to stay connected & have fun. Get ready for Mario Kart tournaments, Wiki-Wars & regular lunch trips to explore the area!
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.