Filter by category
Filter by type
Squad Lead Engineer - Frontend at Nutmeggo back to Developer Jobs
Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering consumers investments and digital wealth management services, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking a closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award-winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award-winning client services team
Job in a nutshell:
- Own a set of end-to-end technical and customer journey areas, including domain knowledge, operational support, technical debt, maintenance and enhancements.
- Implement tracking and health metrics to monitor systems, customer/system interactions, and behaviours.
- Work with your peers in the Product team to build a meaningful backlog to achieve business objectives.
- Establish delivery ceremonies and a strong, agile cadence. Measure and improve the team’s delivery performance.
- Collaborate with Technical Leads and Principal engineers to form technical solutions and direct the team towards implementing them.
- Maintain alignment with architects and follow agreed technical strategies
- Line-manage an engineering squad; set goals, support career development and build up the team’s delivery capability
- Manage the delivery process from backlog grooming to implementation and continue to support each release operationally.
What are we looking for?
- An effective leader in a cross-functional team under a clear ownership model; the delivery function is co-owned by Product and Engineering with end-to-end domain accountability (from design to operations).
- Great team player with strong technical background, focused on achieving the best outcomes collaboratively among a group of peers with equally strong technical views.
- Ability to manage the delivery of a cross-stack technical team across several concurrent initiatives, track dependencies, resolve blockers and communicate effectively.
- Strong people management qualities; focus on acquiring, retaining, and growing talent. Form and evolve a highly effective delivery team.
- Set customer-centric goals and retain a razor-sharp focus on achieving them.
- Data-driven; establish and track metrics across delivery, systems health, and customer journeys.
- Establish a culture of high-quality engineering.
- A solid grasp of front-end technology and a proven track record of building highly-scalable and well-performing web platforms:
- Excellent knowledge of React
- Designing, building, & maintaining SPAs, Micro-frontends & Design Systems
- Understanding of React Component architectures & best practices
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles
- Understanding of automated testing (visual regression, unit/ integration/ E2E tests/ accessibility)
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.