Filter by category
Filter by type
Senior Credit Risk Analyst at Monzogo back to Ops and Finance Jobs
- Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
- Cardiff, London or Remote (UK)
Remote UK | £55,000 to £77,000 + Benefits | Technology- DataAbout us:
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.About our Borrowing Team:
We’re looking to revolutionise the way people manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. Our Borrowing business is growing rapidly (both on our existing products, and with the planned launch of new products). We aim to create a genuine feel-good factor when it comes to personal credit, and are looking for driven, analytical and creative individuals to help us achieve this goal.
With your experience of leading unsecured retail credit risk teams and building best in class credit capabilities, you'll help drive the success of Monzo's borrowing propositions. You will be responsible for leading a team of Credit analysts to develop our credit and pricing strategies for one of our borrowing products. You will work with colleagues across teams to make sure we are building profitable lending portfolios and amazing products for our customers.Your day-to-day:
- Leading workstreams to improve our credit underwriting, boost growth and/or manage portfolio risk
- Working with people from engineering, marketing, product, risk and control to design and deliver initiatives
- Developing our credit control and portfolio management framework to support our growing portfolios
- Delivering market insight and competitor benchmarking analysis to support strategy development
- Developing our customer-level lending strategy
- Oversee the development of credit models to project cashflows and assess net present value of new lending cohorts
- Writing credit proposals which will be adopted as Monzo underwriting policy
- Supporting the design and roll-out of new borrowing products by finding patterns in the data and translating these into insights
- Overseeing and enhancing the database tables and dashboards that provide insights and promote rapid, data-driven decisions
- Assessing how the lending portfolio of particular products will perform over time
- Managing, mentoring and coaching more junior analysts
- You have substantial experience in unsecured retail lending (e.g. personal loans, credit cards, overdrafts, buy now pay later, motor finance)
- You have a solid understanding of lending economics and have experience developing and deploying underwriting strategies and credit models
- You have experience motivating and leading analytical teams
- You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. SQL is a must-have, Python is a plus
- You can bring a dynamic energy to the team, and are keen for the chance to improve our products and help ship changes to our customers
- You are a clear communicator, able to cut through complex problems and articulate decision points
- You have some experience in project management and coordination across teams
- You work well collaborating in a team with diverse skill-sets and personality types
- You have a working understanding of the regulations that apply to lending in the UK
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter call
- Initial call with hiring manager
- Take home task
- x3 case studies
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat’s in it for you:
£55,000-77,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.
New Jobs Alert created!
By creating this alert, you agree to ourT&Cs
and Cookie Use.